Bfii F6 Ute - Knock In The Rear

Adrian6T

• Member For: 14y 11m 26d

I had a really bad knock in my BF ute ford are useless said na its nothing so went 2 another mechanic he took the rear brakes off and said sometimes the clip gets loose so on low speeds and after braking u get that knock he took it apart and put it back togeather as well as lubing the leafs and cleaning them up and got rid of about 70% of the noises but u still get a knock here and there not as bad. also make sure the knock your hearing isnt the fuel slapping in the tank ford admitted that was a problem and when your tank is above half full and u come 2 a stop u can usuallu hear a knock

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 3m 19d

also posted this in the creaking thread but thought this might be closer to the same issue I have with mine....

Mines been clunking in the back end somewhere since 15,000km, I told ford about it when I got them to stiffen the suspension up during this service. Its now doubled that km and have taken it into 2 dealerships, neither of them can find out whats wrong with it. First dealership (where I bought the car from) replaced the tail shaft... still makes the noise. So they booked it in to replace the entire diff... I moved and took it to another dealership where they said there was nothing wrong with the diff (old dealership said there was 15mm backlash, which new dealership said is normal?) and they couldn't find a thing wrong with it. They 'think' it might be a loose bolt in the tray body somewhere? Awesome...

It usually always happens when you reverse, pull it into drive and accelerate.

Also does it accelerating through gears- usually between 2 & 3rd below 50kms, and leaving at the lights.

Am going to check out suspension after and u bolts but I am sure these have been looked at by ford already??? Maybe I should take it to a suspension shop?

• 8 months later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 17d

yea same deal with mine :( sounds like a bolt rolling around the tub, pulled all the lining out and tightened all the bolts..

then rocking the car side to side I can still hear it. im sure ill find it tomorrow when theres some light.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Member For: 12y 6m 24d

Factory option mine knocks in the rear even found the rear quarter panel not attached properly ,fixed that tightened everything had the diff rebuilt and anything else u can think of, still there's sometimes a knock even the fuel one someone mentioned.

Found a solution that is easy and everyone can do.

Turn up the tunes no more knock prob solved.

BF TURBO UTE LOWNDES 07