antonioxr Member 29 Member For: 17y 4m 22d Posted 25/08/09 12:20 PM Posted 25/08/09 12:20 PM I had a really bad knock in my BF ute ford are useless said na its nothing so went 2 another mechanic he took the rear brakes off and said sometimes the clip gets loose so on low speeds and after braking u get that knock he took it apart and put it back togeather as well as lubing the leafs and cleaning them up and got rid of about 70% of the noises but u still get a knock here and there not as bad. also make sure the knock your hearing isnt the fuel slapping in the tank ford admitted that was a problem and when your tank is above half full and u come 2 a stop u can usuallu hear a knock
crazyhorse Member 14 Member For: 17y 8m 15d Gender: Female Location: Brisbane Posted 06/03/10 02:30 AM Posted 06/03/10 02:30 AM also posted this in the creaking thread but thought this might be closer to the same issue I have with mine....Mines been clunking in the back end somewhere since 15,000km, I told ford about it when I got them to stiffen the suspension up during this service. Its now doubled that km and have taken it into 2 dealerships, neither of them can find out whats wrong with it. First dealership (where I bought the car from) replaced the tail shaft... still makes the noise. So they booked it in to replace the entire diff... I moved and took it to another dealership where they said there was nothing wrong with the diff (old dealership said there was 15mm backlash, which new dealership said is normal?) and they couldn't find a thing wrong with it. They 'think' it might be a loose bolt in the tray body somewhere? Awesome... It usually always happens when you reverse, pull it into drive and accelerate.Also does it accelerating through gears- usually between 2 & 3rd below 50kms, and leaving at the lights.Am going to check out suspension after and u bolts but I am sure these have been looked at by ford already??? Maybe I should take it to a suspension shop?
jonn Member 141 Member For: 17y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Carrum, VIC Posted 01/12/10 11:10 AM Posted 01/12/10 11:10 AM yea same deal with mine :( sounds like a bolt rolling around the tub, pulled all the lining out and tightened all the bolts..then rocking the car side to side I can still hear it. im sure ill find it tomorrow when theres some light.
jonn Member 141 Member For: 17y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Carrum, VIC Posted 01/12/10 11:11 AM Posted 01/12/10 11:11 AM just noticed no ones posted on this since march.. any answers to what I should be looking for?
neezindabreez Member 2 Member For: 16y 2m Gender: Male Location: perth west australia Posted 19/12/10 03:12 AM Posted 19/12/10 03:12 AM I had a noise in the rear, ended up being the rees hitch tow bar tongue rattling in the bar.
chrisxr6tute New Member 11 Member For: 14y 11m 21d Posted 07/05/13 12:48 AM Posted 07/05/13 12:48 AM Factory option mine knocks in the rear even found the rear quarter panel not attached properly ,fixed that tightened everything had the diff rebuilt and anything else u can think of, still there's sometimes a knock even the fuel one someone mentioned.Found a solution that is easy and everyone can do.Turn up the tunes no more knock prob solved.BF TURBO UTE LOWNDES 07
joshmp New Member 16 Member For: 16y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 14/05/13 12:23 PM Posted 14/05/13 12:23 PM CQql
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 14/05/13 10:15 PM Posted 14/05/13 10:15 PM Yeah, absolutely.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now