XR666Turbz Member 18 Member For: 18y 4d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 31/10/08 09:48 AM Posted 31/10/08 09:48 AM Hey ppls, I appoloe in advance if im in the wrong room to be talking about this but yeah. ok I bought a xr6 turbz and atm its running like a pig under load at low revs it trys to stall, I know that cooler pipes etc can contribute to this but im thinking the fool that owned it b4 me has had the flash tuner running a stupid amount of boost cos the thing screams. I had a 200sx b4 this and that ran 13 sec down the quarter and this thing would smoke it but unfortunatly I dont think it can run happily for a long time in this condtition without a proper tune anyway, but to the point here is there anyway of knowing what the values are set for on the tuner without going to ford? I understand the controller just selects what mode and that's all, prob a stupid question because I think iv got it sussed but its always good to get an oppinion on the matter or 3. Cheers!
Power Jet Member 151 Member For: 18y 4m 19d Gender: Male Posted 01/11/08 08:05 AM Posted 01/11/08 08:05 AM mate the only thing I can really think of is to take it into a workshop (not dealer) and get them to look at the setup
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 01/11/08 08:11 AM Posted 01/11/08 08:11 AM could mean its running lean.. get it checked for the afr.. and have u gapped the plugs correctly?
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 01/11/08 09:43 AM Posted 01/11/08 09:43 AM Get it to a reputable tuner near you and have it put on the dyno
XR666Turbz Member 18 Member For: 18y 4d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/11/08 04:25 AM Author Posted 02/11/08 04:25 AM yeah dyno was my next move, you woulda thought the moron who owned my ute before hand would have had it done, just very annoying to see someone modify a car not knowing what they are doing. but thanks guys!
XR666Turbz Member 18 Member For: 18y 4d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/11/08 04:28 AM Author Posted 02/11/08 04:28 AM could mean its running lean.. get it checked for the afr.. and have u gapped the plugs correctly?havnt checked them to tell you the truth, as I didnt install the flasher but could be worth a look I guess. do you know what the gap is??
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 21d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 02/11/08 07:29 AM Posted 02/11/08 07:29 AM 0.8 or 0.9 for phoon plugs
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now