QikSmurf Member 246 Member For: 23y 2m 22d Posted 06/08/03 09:38 AM Posted 06/08/03 09:38 AM Gilto, I have news for you and it may upset you..........you don't know all there is to know about cars! For example, launching the xr6t to 100km/h without the 2-3 change is slower than getting there in 2nd gear. If you want to get technical, you can get there in 4th or even 5th. The point is why would you? To achieve 100km/h in second means 6000rpm ie: no boost and less power than you would have on tap at the same speed in 3rd gear.By the way, your suggestion about not spooling up the turbo was pure gold. You must really know your stuff And finally, your comment about 11 sec cars etc. etc. have you missed the point of this entire discussion? We are not talking about cars in general, we are talking about the auto v manual xr6t. I drive the auto and I realise it is not as quick to 100.Please, spare us the B.S.
Guest turbo dave Guests Posted 06/08/03 12:37 PM Posted 06/08/03 12:37 PM TURBOTOMthanks for that infoI thought ken24 was having a go at me(sorry ken)that also explains that blank switch on the dash
Guest Gilto Guests Posted 06/08/03 09:40 PM Posted 06/08/03 09:40 PM OikSmurf!Lets get some facts straight!! You need to read things thoroughly before you reply!! You are telling me that to get the XR6 Turbo to 100km/h in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear is faster than just using 1st and 2nd!! Well that may be correct, DID I EVER SAY THAT WAS WRONG???? I simply made the point that third gear is not required to reach 100km/h. I NEVER MENTIONED IT WAS QUICKER!!!!!!!!Oh and just one other point, it is quicker using only second gear!! MUCH QUICKER!!So, please don't try and tell me about cars, it is true I don't know everything, BUT I certainly know a damn site more than you!Care to reply??
Guest Guests Posted 06/08/03 09:53 PM Posted 06/08/03 09:53 PM Macktheknife,if you read my post properly ,that was my point.I dont for one minute think theyr d!ckheads.p.s. my T is an auto!
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 06/08/03 09:58 PM Posted 06/08/03 09:58 PM I thought ken24 was having a go at me(sorry ken) What? Me have a go at someone? ... Never!
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 06/08/03 10:02 PM Posted 06/08/03 10:02 PM Is it just me, or has this thread become a little "titchy", a little "agro", you know ... a little "testy"? Do you boys need a big hug? Let's all play nice or the mean ol mods will send us all to our rooms ...
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 06/08/03 10:14 PM Posted 06/08/03 10:14 PM vik351,Yeah, sorry bloke, went back and had another look. This time saw the bulge in your cheek.Speaking of MOTOR, (and I've said this before) anyone out there in forumland read the article on the 2 T's that did TARGA?I'll have to post a few quotes if none have read.Mackthe..
Macktheknife Xtreme Xalted Member Legacy Donating Member 3,112 Member For: 23y 4m 29d Gender: Male Location: BrisVegas Posted 06/08/03 10:18 PM Posted 06/08/03 10:18 PM Oh Ken,Not again! I'm gonna try to be as bad as you so that we both get sent to our rooms.Maybe we could compare our mercsil beautys.Can't believe I just said that. Must be something in the morning coffee.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 06/08/03 10:18 PM Posted 06/08/03 10:18 PM Yeah, sorry bloke, went back and had another look. This time saw the bulge in your cheek. Yeh, see, that's what I'm talking about ... nice, brings a lump to my throat ... :tears:
bez Member 92 Member For: 23y 4m 5d Location: Brisbane Posted 06/08/03 10:26 PM Posted 06/08/03 10:26 PM TURBOTOMthanks for that infoI thought ken24 was having a go at me(sorry ken)that also explains that blank switch on the dash Easy mistake TurboTom. The ute has a lot more grip than you would think!Still heaps of fun though.I have had mine for three weeks now and no rain, damn it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now