Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Thanks VIK.

I am happy too, it's just hard to find something to whinge about.

  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 8d
Posted
PERFORMANCE........

Now let me see....when did I last see that AUTOMATIC Porsche, Ferrari, …..etc.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM…oh yeah the Porsche was a FOUR cylinder.

So what is the better drivers box manual or auto?

ummm if I ain't mistaken ferraris now use a paddle shift clutchless manual or if u like an automatic clutch...perhaps maybe just maybe theres good reason for this. However being a manual fan I believe with previous experience that a manual car with a box equal to its auto partner will be slightly quicker on the best runs purely because being automatic requires power to drive it. But it comes down to the fact that a good 1/4 and a bad 1/4 in a manual can be up to 1 second. Therefore autos r slightly better for you got better chance of making your best time more often.

However manuals on the other hand do pose a benefit in that you can whack a manual into 2nd at 80 to 90ks and let the engine slow you down like to see how many autos will change in to first when n where u need it all the time.

Overall though the SSS kills the T5 which although may have had its improvements over the years which if memory serves me correctly was also used the EA falcon I mean 2002 technology VS early 90s technonlogy there is 1 clear winner.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 8d
Posted
Its a question of application.

If I was buying it for playing in the hills on the weekend, it would be the manual, but for punting though (and sitting in) Sydney trafic, it's auto.

You have more control over the car's inertia with a manual, but the novelty (and lining) of a clutch wear thin in trafifc.

As for which is faster, manufacturing tolerances and driver error would easily compensate for any differences on paper.

and also imho I think this post has got it spot on

Guest Mr Walker
  • Guests
Posted

XR6TK1W1,

You opened the door and I took the opportunity. You answered it yourself - a driver with ability will be faster around a track in a manual than an auto.

The question is not which is consistently faster but what IS faster and you all agree (except Geea) that it is the manual.

Geea, I'm happy to take people on but as I said in my first post, you need to have a number of cars running to have a true sample. If the manual wins (and it will) it will be just a one-off and vice versa.

Do you want to explain why the manual wouldn't be able to post the fastest time Geea?

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 5d
  • Location: Wellington NZ
Posted
Did anyone buy their auto or manual because they thought it was quicker?

I bought the auto because the manual had a shift like my mum's combi.

Sorry to say it, but sometimes I wish I just got a manual xr8 :whistle:

I can't stand the delay in the downshift when braking with the auto.

And, XR6TK1W1, did you rate youself in the "Rate Yourself" post. Remember the scale only goes up to 10. :thumbsup:

I did and I rated myself as a 4.5.

Guest turbo dave
  • Guests
Posted

help

how do you turn off that traction control

somebody please tell me

  • Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Shire, Middle Earth
Posted
help

how do you turn off that traction control

somebody please tell me

Depress the button? :huh:

Should be on the dash above the fog lights switch ... looks like a wheel throwing up rocks. :sick:

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted
XR6TK1W1,

You opened the door and I took the opportunity. You answered it yourself - a driver with ability will be faster around a track in a manual than an auto.

The question is not which is consistently faster but what IS faster and you all agree (except Geea) that it is the manual.

Geea, I'm happy to take people on but as I said in my first post, you need to have a number of cars running to have a true sample. If the manual wins (and it will) it will be just a one-off and vice versa.

Do you want to explain why the manual wouldn't be able to post the fastest time Geea?

I test drove both cars and drive the auto every day. Its my belief that the auto is able to launch better than the manual. Its only my opinion and everyone, yourself included is entitled to their own opinion. I was prepared to support my opinion, and was at Calder Park in Melbourne prepared to drag any manual that turned up. As it happened none turned up (IMTRBO was busy cruising in a Holden :D ), and the meet was cancelled. I aim to be there again in 5-6 weeks as I have to work the next 4 Friday nights.

I'm also aware that there are drags at Heathcote. I'll look into these as well and see when they are on.

I look forward to seeing the results form the drags in WA and hopefully there are enough autos and manuals to get an indication of which is quicker over the 400m.

As someone here has already mentioned, it will only be a small margin either way and anyone fortunate to own a "T" either Auto or manual is very fortunate indeed. B)

Posted

Why would all those d!ckheads at Motor mag say go for a slushie ? If they got that wrong ,what else did they get wrong? know what I mean!

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted
Did anyone buy their auto or manual because they thought it was quicker?

I bought the auto because the manual had a shift like my mum's combi.

Sorry to say it, but sometimes I wish I just got a manual xr8 <_<

I can't stand the delay in the downshift when braking with the auto.

And, XR6TK1W1, did you rate youself in the "Rate Yourself" post.  Remember the scale only goes up to 10. :thumbsup:

I did and I rated myself as a 4.5.

So a below average auto driver will beat an above average manual driver around a circuit. :blink:

I don't think so.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...