jimmy1234 Legacy Donating Member 364 Member For: 18y 7m 24d Gender: Male Posted 10/10/08 12:07 AM Posted 10/10/08 12:07 AM I have just been going through a couple of orders I have recently received and am amassed at how much I saved by purchasing when I did.On the 16/7/08 I spent 13k in USD with an exchange rate of .965 I paid 14k. Today that same order would cost me 20 g's. So now I sit at my desk with a grin and recall a phone conversation that went a little like this.In a Chinese accent ' hello mister, you no need to pay now. You good customer, you pay when goods land. ok ok'Best thing I did was take the pay now option.I had the same sort of think out of the UK except they said pay now or we don't send. That order was 50k and cost me 100k Aussie now that would be 114k. Any way people start to expect cheap Chinese things to go up by 40 to 50% until the $ recovers.....
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 10/10/08 06:23 AM Posted 10/10/08 06:23 AM It would be good to be an aussie exporter at the moment, that's if there were people overseas with money to buy stuff.
hypnodoc It's All In Your Mind Legacy Donating Member 2,198 Member For: 22y 11m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/10/08 08:38 AM Posted 10/10/08 08:38 AM (edited) It would be good to be an aussie exporter at the moment, that's if there were people overseas with money to buy stuff.Believe me there are seventytwo, they may have temporarily become a little more cautious but most of them are still there. Not all of the money evaporated, a lot of it just changed hands. Edited 10/10/08 08:39 AM by hypnodoc
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 10/10/08 09:49 AM Posted 10/10/08 09:49 AM The Chinese are smart folk. They'll still manufacture for us - and all of a sudden, prices have dropped to a level where there is little difference between AUD and goods provided. There's a difference, but I've yet to seen it on a scale that effects my business activities. Clever little buggers.
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 7d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 10/10/08 09:49 AM Posted 10/10/08 09:49 AM cough cough, aussie exporter. iv sent 300 tonnes of cardboard to china and am pushing for more to go out this week to take advantage of the good deals.
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 12d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 10/10/08 11:21 AM Posted 10/10/08 11:21 AM might be time to bank those travellers cheques I didn't spend way back in February at close to parity.$1500 better in my pocket
Mr X Legacy Donating Member 998 Member For: 23y 2m 8d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 12/10/08 07:34 AM Posted 12/10/08 07:34 AM Flip side is importing.I bought my Muzzie @ 94c against the greenback .There was a window of opportunty there a while ago where the oz dollar was strong but not now.I think Koshy is on the box tonight to tell us why our dollar is so weak...I'd certainly like to know :wacko:
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now