simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 01/10/08 08:38 PM Posted 01/10/08 08:38 PM I was just wondering if anyone has used the magnaflow cat advertised on ebay?they claim its a 200cell cat with a metal core.
Worm A much better forum Legacy Donating Member 3,808 Member For: 18y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 02/10/08 12:30 AM Posted 02/10/08 12:30 AM Nah... I haven't... Try the XFORCE from exhaustqueen... Or go a metalcat cat...They flow better...
Dirty32 Legendary member!! Legacy Donating Member 1,739 Member For: 19y 8m 16d Gender: Male Location: Dianella, West Oz Posted 02/10/08 01:25 AM Posted 02/10/08 01:25 AM Im sure Hanra used one or was gonna use one... Cant remember which!He should be along soon to let ya know though, or just search for a thread in this section started by Hanra
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 23d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 02/10/08 03:00 AM Posted 02/10/08 03:00 AM (edited) I bought one but didnt use it, Magnaflow USA could not advise of an exact flow rate of there metal core cat. I didnt want to risk it so I bought an X-Force metal core cat.http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...mp;hl=magnaflow Edited 02/10/08 03:02 AM by hanra
The Unforgiven Member 119 Member For: 19y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 02/10/08 05:30 AM Posted 02/10/08 05:30 AM I've used a 3" magnaflow metal core cat 200cpi which was rated at 596cfm. But this was on an N/A 6, so not really relevant to you. Even if the cat didn't perform as well as it was rated to, being an N/A meant that it wouldn't have really mattered. My advice is to not risk it and get something that's been rated to a certain CFM by a reputable shop, preferably local (national). I'd say go for the Sureflo 5" body cat with 3" ends. Rated at 706cfm and they're 200cpi IIRC.
Guest Guests Posted 02/10/08 06:38 AM Posted 02/10/08 06:38 AM (edited) SMB 5" body cat for me & no regrets.Like most other things, you get what you pay for mate. A little extra in the beginning will ensure the performance now & in the coming years Edited 02/10/08 06:38 AM by 03XR6T
boost_ute Legacy Donating Member 94 Member For: 19y 6m 2d Location: Adelaide Posted 02/10/08 06:48 AM Posted 02/10/08 06:48 AM I have used one of these on my old ba-T ute , It worked fine had no problems with it.
Erko Legacy Donating Member 1,079 Member For: 23y 5d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 02/10/08 10:35 AM Posted 02/10/08 10:35 AM Magnaflow has a massive range, from OEM replacement to high performance. Problem is, you will need to research the cat in question, that's bloody difficult as their range is huge and performance info hard to come by. personally I would not buy a cat unless I knew the CFM flow. I went with X Force and its a goody.
simmo Member 431 Member For: 23y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: byron bay more underarm hair per square km Posted 03/10/08 12:25 PM Author Posted 03/10/08 12:25 PM (edited) thanx for the replies guys ill do some more research. Edited 03/10/08 12:26 PM by simmo
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now