Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 8d
  • Location: Geelong Victoria
Posted

They won't do an F6 version because they had so much trouble trying to get rid of the aRspecs, they had to discount them too much to move them, whereas the GT 40th and Cobra sold out pretty quickly which next to no discounting required. GT special editions are cashcows and they should sell out these pretty quickly. Wheels are OK, at least they are new and not carry over crap like the standard FG FPV wheels are. Should have had new wheels across the range from the start of FG. The 5th Anniversary in the stripes looks a bit stupid though. Should have made it smaller.

This actually goes further than what HSV did with the 20th anniversary Clubsport last year. All they did was put logos in the seats and produce them in a new color, which was a sh*tty brown which looked crap.

  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 2m 19d
Posted

I actually like the look of the side stripes and the wheels look OK (though I agree with the guy who said they look devilish to try to clean!).

Of course I'm only interested in F6's so whether I like the cosmetics of the GT is kinda irrelevent :dontknow:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I like the rims... looks the goods... Rember boys it only anoth $5500.. for 1 of 200 cars... I thinks its not to bad... Ford will sell them without trouble...

  • FPV521
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 29d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Must say I like it as well.

I am looking at a GT or F6 and I wanted leather and stripes if I go with a GT so that costs around $3000 so for another $2500 you get the premium brakes so is that a good deal, forgetting about the mats and special number as I cant be bothered with that sort of stuff.

On the FPV site they have those 6 pot brakes and an extra for $5900.

Then again I guess it is getting cloer to the cost of a GT-P as well.

I like the rims but yeah a S&*( to clean.

I am looking at silver or sensation so kind of works for me but will wait to see an in the flesh photo as photo chopping doesnt always produce the best result.

What would have been better would have been to see a 320kw GT just to take a bit off Expensive Daewoo with the 317 as they only came out and beat FPV by 2kw but I suppose it doesnt matter anyway.

It would be good however the see a high spec F6 like the one suggested above.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Poxby Downs, SA
Posted

Well I have finally seen the pics and all I can say is . . .

AIDS!

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Oh goodie, another Sticker Special Edition!

Stickers. Mmm mmmm, special. Frankly, I'd rather spec up a normal GT with the brakes and leather only. I wouldnt be seen dead in a car with "xx Anniversary" on the side, even if I was a grandpa.

"hi Sir, welcome to FPV. For GT special editions today, we have the 5th Anniversary Edition. Comes with 6 pot brakes, stickers, leather, and um... embroidery."

"Ok, can I embiggen the engine?"

"Sorry Sir, the only meaningful upgrade we offer are the brakes and leather. Everyone likes leather."

"f*ck it, I'll just upsize a McGT then."

"Certainly Sir, one GT-P. Please drive through to the second window."

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The Ville
Posted

I love the rims but I was hoping for a GTHO or something to do in the W427. its time ford get some balls and made something crazy like supercharged V8 400kw. I was looking forward to a special car not extra stripes and badging. if I want a Gt with stripes id get a cobra or 40th GT.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 19d
Posted

Not surprised, have they forgotten what GT falcons were, f*#"k me whats wrong with these people. For christs sake fpv WAKE UP!!! :lookaround:

  • Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 10m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Dé·jà vu
Posted
or something to do in the W427.

They already do....Called an F6...

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

So much for all this crap talk from FPV saying their 5th anniversary car would be something great.

This is just another lost opportunity for Ford to get some ground back in the market. Do a $90k supercharged, 400kW GT, and a 350kW F6 for $80k. Put bigger wheels, tyres and brakes on them, leather standard, GTP style seats, beefier suspension and limit them to 100 or 200 of each. Give them unique colours and numbered plaques and end it there.

The media attention and hype they'll get will be the marketing shot in the arm Fords needs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...