senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 25/09/08 03:57 AM Posted 25/09/08 03:57 AM I reckon you could say good-bye to your warranty with 340 at the rears mate! if they see a busted oil pump on a car with a decent exhaust, different injectors, cooler etc etc they'll say "here's whats wrong with it and here's how much we can fix it for"What options do you have?
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 25/09/08 04:48 AM Posted 25/09/08 04:48 AM @ warranty
DRTYBOOST Member 363 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 25/09/08 04:50 AM Author Posted 25/09/08 04:50 AM Yeh that's what im thinking there going to say, but its worth giving it a go.Option 1: Trade my car in as it is and hopefully get $25000+ for it with the stuff broken on it.Option 2: Fix my car and then sell it so I can make up for what I spent fixing it.Option 3: Build motor so it doesnt break again.Option 4: Put new stock F6 internals back in and keep the car.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 25/09/08 04:53 AM Posted 25/09/08 04:53 AM Are you happy with your car? If so, I'd build the engine and not have to worry about it, just make sure you get a stonger oil pump with billet gears. cos a set of rods and pistons won't save your standard oil pump
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 25/09/08 04:54 AM Posted 25/09/08 04:54 AM 1) It is hard enough to sell a T at the moment, let alone trying to sell a T that is broken!2) if its only the oil pump that has let go, then it wont cost that much to fix3) sounds like fun4) sounds like fun.. but your allready at 340.. doesnt leave much scope to go higher safely
DRTYBOOST Member 363 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 25/09/08 04:58 AM Author Posted 25/09/08 04:58 AM Im happy with my car and ive got it the way I want, Its going to be very expensive to build my motor and im in no state of doing it, beacause I only work casually whilst im studying at uni, I guess we will find out the damage bill next tuesday when it goes to ford.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 25/09/08 05:02 AM Posted 25/09/08 05:02 AM Let me know if you need any bits and pieces mate. Brad at Atomic does some pretty good deals for me
Azzman460 Azzman Member 223 Member For: 18y 2m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 25/09/08 05:06 AM Posted 25/09/08 05:06 AM sorry to hijack the post for a bit, senna_t, I'm looking for an atomic rebuild kit for my turbo, I got quoted $3750 for this kit, can you get a good deal on these??
DRTYBOOST Member 363 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 25/09/08 05:12 AM Author Posted 25/09/08 05:12 AM Thanks mate, I will let you know the outcome.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 25/09/08 05:27 AM Posted 25/09/08 05:27 AM PM Sent Azzman
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now