Painting Ba Wheels?

daav

• Member For: 17y 2m

jus wondering if anyone has painted there 17" wheels in a black or a dark argent colour?? also how much would it cost to spray 4 wheels?

• Member For: 15y 11m 21d

Hey mate,

I have just painted my BF XR 18" Wheels. I had them painted in Dark Argent, which looks pretty good. All up it was $100 a wheel, but that was a cash job. In case you are interested the paint code for Dark Argent is (BAH) and it is a PPG Cobra paint. I have to say it wasn't the easiest paint to track down.

Only problem I have now is that I accidentlly chipped the paint around a few wheel nuts putting them back on, so its going back for touch ups.

Sorry to ask a question in your thread but does anyone know how to prevent this. Is there something other than a wheel brace that I can use for tightening the wheel nuts?

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 1d

Hi bret, and welcome to the forum.

you can purchase "slimline" sockets that are a little easier on the area you are talking about, they are also alot stronger that the standard wheel brace.

• Cant wait to drive it
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 25d
Sorry to ask a question in your thread but does anyone know how to prevent this. Is there something other than a wheel brace that I can use for tightening the wheel nuts?

a small ammount of electrical tape wrapped around the brace or socket helps :spoton:

• Member For: 17y 2m
Hey mate,

I have just painted my BF XR 18" Wheels. I had them painted in Dark Argent, which looks pretty good. All up it was $100 a wheel, but that was a cash job. In case you are interested the paint code for Dark Argent is (BAH) and it is a PPG Cobra paint. I have to say it wasn't the easiest paint to track down.

Only problem I have now is that I accidentlly chipped the paint around a few wheel nuts putting them back on, so its going back for touch ups.

thanks mate any chance u could post up some pics?

• Member For: 15y 11m 21d

post-15608-1222170022_thumb.jpgpost-15608-1222170085_thumb.jpgpost-15608-1222170143_thumb.jpg

Hi guys,

Here are the pictures of my car and the painted Dark Argent XR 18" Wheels. They are the same style as the factory MKII Runout wheels which also had a charcoal infill, but were not glossy like FPV paint I used.

Oh Daav just to let you know one wheel shop was going to charge me $182 per rim, so shop around at different crash shops etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brett.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 28d

I've been looking around for a alternative to goin to new rims but im happy with the tyres ive found to keep my thing straight. I dont want to go to bigger because the roads up here and the amount of drivin would wreck a good set of rims in no time (have potholes youd lose a 5yr old in). I think I just found it. they look sweet, think I might have seriously look into it