Watto89 Member 38 Member For: 18y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 16/09/08 09:47 AM Posted 16/09/08 09:47 AM Gday, ive just purchased a fairly new BF XR6 Turbo and I have two problems,First is I have some cut wires under the bonnet that stick out, I have a photo uploaded.. Does anyone know what they are for?Second, I have a few grand to play with, Any suggestions on what I could do to the motor with that amount?
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/09/08 10:23 AM Posted 16/09/08 10:23 AM Hmm, those aren't normally there.. Could your car be an ex highway patrol?As for the second question - do some searching around the Forum for info on Flash Tuners, Intercoolers and Exhausts.
Watto89 Member 38 Member For: 18y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 16/09/08 10:26 AM Author Posted 16/09/08 10:26 AM I dont think would have been, its done 34000 kms, so do a flash tuner / intercooler?
ETM Member 1,194 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: syd south Posted 16/09/08 10:35 AM Posted 16/09/08 10:35 AM it has an extra fuse rail too
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 16/09/08 10:42 AM Posted 16/09/08 10:42 AM I'd definately be getting that wiring traced to whatever it was running man, I haven't seen one of those fuse panels before. I reckon it must have been running some serious gear though.yeah, read up a few threads about flash tuners and coolers - there is a ton of info on this forum man, you will probably find that if you have a question, someone else had it too and heaps of people have given heaps of answers!
Watto89 Member 38 Member For: 18y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 16/09/08 10:42 AM Author Posted 16/09/08 10:42 AM it has an extra fuse rail tooits wierd cause the fuse rail has NISSAN on it.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/09/08 10:44 AM Posted 16/09/08 10:44 AM The wiring looks professional.The fuses are all 20+amp, so they are for high draw devices. I would say the car was used for soemthing like a highway patrol or maybe a big audio install.
Watto89 Member 38 Member For: 18y 1m 13d Gender: Male Location: Townsville Posted 16/09/08 10:59 AM Author Posted 16/09/08 10:59 AM Just confirmed it wasnt a highway patrol car, and the seller was a young kid, there was P'Plates in the car.
turbo.vixen Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick Legacy Donating Member 8,459 Member For: 18y 4m 16d Gender: Male Location: sunshine coast Posted 16/09/08 11:37 AM Posted 16/09/08 11:37 AM for a few grand id start with a good exhaust
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now