XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/09/08 10:17 AM Posted 05/09/08 10:17 AM I went and bought one of these things after having a Treo 750 for a couple of years, the Windows base on that put me off for a while so I thought I’d bite the bullet and go for a Blackberry, I’ve had it for a week and I’m impressed with it. Easy to use, the phone actually works on it, its got GPS, BT and WiFi, a 2m camera, it’s wide enough for my big finders to be able to type with and everything..What else can I do with it, can anyone suggest Berry software that is a must have, Berry hardware, ect?
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 05/09/08 10:24 AM Posted 05/09/08 10:24 AM Sounds good.. love the Blackberry.. but alas I bought an iPhone...
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/09/08 10:32 AM Posted 05/09/08 10:32 AM I threw my Blackberry as far as I could (literally) and UPGRADED to an iPhone. Hope the new Blackberry is better than the last model, which was a f*cking *beep* of a thing.
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/09/08 10:45 AM Author Posted 05/09/08 10:45 AM Sounds good.. love the Blackberry.. but alas I bought an iPhone...Pretty happy with it so far, but then the novelty might wear off, or I could be in for a surprise. I have had to soft reset it twice so far because email wasn't being pushed through after it had no signal.I threw my Blackberry as far as I could (literally) and UPGRADED to an iPhone. Hope the new Blackberry is better than the last model, which was a f*cking *beep* of a thing.I'm surprised, I’ve heard lots of good stuff about them, although they were crap about 5 years ago I see they have come back to the top and this one they say is almost in line with the IPhone but came out a bit later.I was looking at the IPhone but I though it was a bit big and ??no buttons?? someone tell me how it works? how do you type?I know the blackberry has voice recognition which I have not yet played with but is it the same with the IPhone?
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 05/09/08 12:39 PM Posted 05/09/08 12:39 PM The buttons are on the screen. Like a touchscreen. No voice recognition as standard, but you can get addons.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/09/08 01:09 PM Posted 05/09/08 01:09 PM I did some research on the Bold today for a client.Looks like a great phone for biz users, 100x better than the iPhone and = to a HTC windows mobile.Telstra are not releasing them until the end of the month as there were some problems making the Foxtel button work
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/09/08 01:45 PM Author Posted 05/09/08 01:45 PM The buttons are on the screen. Like a touchscreen. No voice recognition as standard, but you can get addons.Oh I see, that's cool. I want to play with one just to see how it is, like I said the only thing that put me off a bit was the size, it is however perfect for watching movies, ect.I did some research on the Bold today for a client.Looks like a great phone for biz users, 100x better than the iPhone and = to a HTC windows mobile.Telstra are not releasing them until the end of the month as there were some problems making the Foxtel button work We do have about 10 or so iphones around but I've just bought them and handed them over because I didn't have the time to spend with them. I've been put off from WM6 because of the treo 750, I had WM5 on it then upgraded it to 6 because of the problems which improved a bit but the major problems still remained where it crashed too many time in day and the phone would only ring a couple of time before it went to voicemail (purely because of the amount of time it took to load the phone software and ring when a call was detected). I do have a HTC around and have had no comlaints from the person who uses it, I got it because it has a huge slide out keyboard which was perfect for his "mechanic" hands. I went and got my berry from a contact at Optus who had a couple in stock, I promissed her I would buy both of them is she would be so kind to let me have them real early, then stuck Telstra nextg SIMs in both of them. Don't know where they are putting a Foxtel button because the face of the bold is pretty busy already unless its a softbutton..
neo Member 376 Member For: 18y 6m 27d Gender: Male Location: The Ville Posted 06/09/08 10:41 AM Posted 06/09/08 10:41 AM I work for a telcom provider im not going to name it. and I have had a go at the BB bold and its tidy and video is good. in my exp I get alot of problems with HTC and imates.I dont get meny issues with iphones but not being able to do stuff on them turns me off but I must say if you jail break AKA crack them and add your own apps and games they are amazing you can mms and recored video. it sucks that apple has made something great but will only let you use a little bit of its power. the BB bold is nice and the video is great on it also looks cleaner and easyer to use. id take it over a HTC and an iphone. but id take a cracked iphone over a Black berry.
Grudgee Every Mod's Favourite Member Member 1,496 Member For: 18y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 07/09/08 01:19 AM Posted 07/09/08 01:19 AM The Apple plan always see's 'just enough' stuff released and then they trickle through the extras to embed that mentality of constant improvement. I love Apple products, as they're exceptional, but this does give me the sh*ts.
XRSICKT Member 1,032 Member For: 23y 5m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/09/08 01:23 PM Author Posted 11/09/08 01:23 PM The more I use this thing the more it impreses me, just about everything is customisable, make your own profiles, get themes which makes eveything look difference up to where the buttons are located on the screen (although there are not many available just yet). Battery is actually not too bad now I've used it for a bit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now