Project Opensource Icc - Hardware, Software

MrBean

• Member For: 16y 10m 22d

I really need to troll through here more often... Love the look of the project. Mr Bean & innovation, everything we've come to expect of you. Keep up the good work!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 14d

I think there may be a few snags to run into...

These ICC's, can be diagnosed apparently, just like your car. A mechanic can plug it in, and tell you whats going on with your ICC. Also the central locking, indicators, brake lights, all interior circuit controls such as door locks, interior lamps, and my assumption also air bags, driver seat positions, all run off the ICC... because if you put LED bulbs in the indicators which run on the same CAN as the air bag apparently... I would assume since indicators run through the ICC so too would the air bags.

I was going to do what a few have managed successfully by integrating a dvd player in the middle of the ICC and make it a bit longer to accomodate moving circuit boards around, my mechanic who owns a BA also urged me to just install it underneath because its too risky with how much just runs through this.

You may already be aware of all these things...

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • ŠύЂפֿĺmβø ™
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 26d

Hopefully Beanie reads this.. His been on the forums contacting Fadi about an FG ICC, Hope he sees this, mayeb you want to drop him a PM?

• Member For: 17y 11m 21d
UPDATE>>>>>>>>> I sent a icc for this project and nothing yet????????????

And

Certainly, if you donate something like a ICC, I will definately remember you - but, please be aware projects like these can take significant time to mature, as I have a few hours here and there to work on it, due to work committments....

Otherwise, I can always look at getting an ICC back to you again if this doesn't work out.

Hello Tree Monkey, as I mentioned a few posts back, reverse-engineering takes quite a fair bit of time, and if you're more comfortable having your ICC back, I will kindly ship it, as mentioned previously. I have had limited time available this last couple months due to ever-increasing pressure from our mother-company in Finland, and have been travelling more than I've at home :(

So yes, I do realize progress is slow, but at least there's some.

Update

I have the Commell LV-372 3.5" up and running, 100% complete, with Centrafuse 2.1 frontend. Very recently installed an OCZ Apex 60gig SSD, and am happy to report boot times, from power switch to desktop in 22 seconds. Very quick if you ask me.

I received the newly designed TPMS interface from Alok on PortalMediaPC, and have it configured, and up and running. Designed my own 1/4-wave whip antenna for the sucker, and it works very well, tyre-pressures and temps updating to the frontend...

I have stripped my old manual ICC to get the housing sorted to fit the Commell board, currently busy with that. As mentioned earlier, one of the goals is to reuse existing infrastructure, and mount everything so as to look factory standard. Good progress here, and hoping finally to have the pics up on the weekend.

The SSD held me back here, as I ultimately wanted to use one vs the 7200 Momentus harddrive, and I'm glad I waited for it to become affordable before purchasing. Now, at least the carputer part is complete.

I'm having fun to fit the new transflective LCD (8.4" sun-readable industrial) in the std ICC fascia, the problem is the engineering plastic used in injection molding these things, PPO/PPE - nothing really bonds to it, so you cannot glue/weld it like ABS derivatives. Damn. I would not like to use fiberglass/fillers etc.

Anyway....

Onto the AVR CAN controller:

I have been busy reverse-engineering the original factory LCD - the TFT unit with nice color graphics overlays - I want to integrate this into the new transflective LCD controller, an ALR-1400 from Digital View, which has some form of overlay control on the onboard Genesis controller chip.

By doing this, I want to retain all existing functionality on 1 LCD, instead of having 2.....would make for a much cleaner solution.

I am also finalizing the daughterboard PCB that will fit between the existing ICC pushbuttons, and mount directly to the CAN-AVR - then off to the PCB manufacturers to make a prototype or 2.

So, apologies if progress seems slow, guys - I will try and spend more time on this, and get something positive out soon - I'm burning for us to start on the microcode, and have mostly all the PIDs available to start with porgramming and testing.

I have a small sample programming running in the AVR, pulsing an LED on/off at faster or slower rates, depending on a pushbutton selection, so it's working fine.

Do anyone here have some contacts that can get me the schematic on the factory TFT LCD controller board - it seems Sumitomo made this for Ford, and I'm hoping to find the schematic from some insiders.....

Will make my job a lot easier.

If you want to remain anonymous, please PM me, I will keep it highly confidential.

Kind regards,

Beanie

Edited by MrBean