RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 22d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 30/08/08 04:39 AM Posted 30/08/08 04:39 AM good on ya mickus for pumping up
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 14d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 19/09/08 04:51 AM Posted 19/09/08 04:51 AM Anyone else still hanging onto the edge of there seat to hear the outcome....
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 19/09/08 05:32 AM Author Posted 19/09/08 05:32 AM Well......Interview fell in the ass, they said they were going to get back to me, I left it a few days, heard nothin, so I called them, and they said that they are re-shuffling current staff to cover the territories cause they are quiet, but im top of the list when it gets busy again.........And, admittantly it is super quiet in the motoring industry at the moment, but I aint holding my breath...Things happen for a reason!
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 5d Gender: Male Posted 19/09/08 05:40 AM Posted 19/09/08 05:40 AM lucky you didn;t burn them bridges!!I like the SWAT idea but, will have to remember that one!
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 19/09/08 06:17 AM Posted 19/09/08 06:17 AM Anyone else ....No actually PS: Sorry to hear big fella
phantomchic Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be..... Legacy Donating Member 14,092 Member For: 22y 15d Gender: Female Location: Noosa QLD Posted 20/09/08 01:32 AM Posted 20/09/08 01:32 AM must be something better headed your way
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 7m 27d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/12/08 09:13 PM Author Posted 11/12/08 09:13 PM talk about a thread mine.......I have just accepted a new job in Sydney!Now, my question to all of you loyal mickus followers is: I have been at my current job nearly 8 years, is it stated anywhere that I have to give 1 weeks notice for every year of service? I have heard that you give 1 weeks notice for every year, up to 1 month, but my current employer wants to hang onto me right up until I start in the new position, which is theoretically 5 weeks notice!It would be nice to have a few days off in between jobs, but if I have to harden up and trudge through, I guess I will!any advice?
our06t Mmmmm......BOOST Member 3,135 Member For: 19y 5m Gender: Male Location: central coast Posted 11/12/08 09:21 PM Posted 11/12/08 09:21 PM I guess it's bad timing for your old employer being christmas time it would make it harder to organise a replacement ,but I think a month is more than enough notice ,Think about how much time they would give you if it was the other way around and they wanted to get rid of you ,that might give you an idea of how long to stay
T007 Woooooooosh Legacy Donating Member 734 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Location: Sydney Posted 11/12/08 10:25 PM Posted 11/12/08 10:25 PM Why dont you just have a sickie?
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 6d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 11/12/08 10:30 PM Posted 11/12/08 10:30 PM You'll have to look at your contract or deed of employment, but it's generally 4 weeks notice,tell him 4 weeks, sorry. What's he going to do? Sack you?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now