tig Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: kenthurst, Sydney Posted 26/08/08 09:01 AM Posted 26/08/08 09:01 AM Guys, loving the new ute and the ZF is a million times better than the 4 speed in my BA. I noticed tonight on the way home in light traffic under very little or no load that there is a mini-clunk from the rear when I tap the throttle lightly. Doesnt seem to do it any other time. Is this a normal trait of the ZF or could it be diff clunk perhaps. Cheers
trevs Member 781 Member For: 19y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: balmain Posted 26/08/08 09:10 AM Posted 26/08/08 09:10 AM I reckon its your diff because my zf in my bf makes no noise but my diff does
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 7m 28d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 26/08/08 09:19 AM Posted 26/08/08 09:19 AM I have a ute with the ZF and I get the same thing.... I think its diff clunk.... pretyy ordinary if you ask me.... and another poor effort by ford
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 26/08/08 10:04 AM Posted 26/08/08 10:04 AM sI think it's there in everything, just wasn’t as noticeable with the four-speed auto :biggun:
tig Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: kenthurst, Sydney Posted 26/08/08 10:29 AM Author Posted 26/08/08 10:29 AM Thanks fellas, I have my ute booked in at the dealers next monday for a lid install, will take service guy for a run and see what they have to say. It doesn't seem bad but will probably annoy me so one way or another I want it fixed. Cheers guys
kissy Member 132 Member For: 19y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: S.E. Melbourne Posted 26/08/08 10:47 AM Posted 26/08/08 10:47 AM so one way or another I want it fixed.LOL!! Good luck!
RHR BOOST Moderating Team 5,698 Member For: 23y 24d Gender: Male Location: Southern Highlands NSW Posted 26/08/08 10:58 AM Posted 26/08/08 10:58 AM NO COST OPTION
tig Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: kenthurst, Sydney Posted 26/08/08 11:00 AM Author Posted 26/08/08 11:00 AM Yeah kissy, been through warranty issues frequently and realise that a lot of time they say that everything is within" manufacturers paramaters" That by the way was with Holden.that's why I said one way or another which means if I have to spend a few dollars myself to fix the problem I will. But sometimes miracles happen and the dealer will come to the party. Have on a whole been pretty happy to date with my local Ford dealer and had issues with diffs on my other car (BA T ute) they had no hesitation and replaced diffs (twice) as had whines in both of them. So its definitely worth talking to the dealer to resolve the problem.Cheers
tig Legacy Donating Member 735 Member For: 19y 1m 25d Gender: Male Location: kenthurst, Sydney Posted 26/08/08 11:05 AM Author Posted 26/08/08 11:05 AM NO COST OPTION
xr6 typhoon Good for nothing member Legacy Donating Member 619 Member For: 22y 3m 4d Location: Sydney Posted 27/08/08 05:32 AM Posted 27/08/08 05:32 AM make sure they check the diff bush. if you dont tell them they wont check and try to tell you it is normal
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now