Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

head gasket? not real sure of anything else off the top of my head mate, if I think of anything else I'll post up

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 14d
Posted

hmmmmmm head gasket really isnt what I wanna hear lol but thanks for ute help guys if its a head gasket would there b oil in the water or water in the oil??? I cant remember which way it goes

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

I blew a head gasket in my last Phoon, sold the car only a slight leak :roflmbo: I understand that perhaps the engine needs to come out, on the BA Phoons at least. Sorry

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

if the head gasket has gone in a big way and the coolant and oil has mixed, you will get a milky brown fluid coming out, this will require engine out and a complete system flush IMO

don't mean to scare you but its better to be prepared for bad news!

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

check all the heater hoses. Do a pressure test and have a look at your dip stick. If its a milky brown/grey colour you have water.

Why does the motor have to come out. Surely it doesnt to do a head gasket

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 8m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

Just for the gasket no, you don't have to take the engine out, but if the block is contaminated with water you would have to pull it out to flush the block

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

Right.....

  • cj_ak
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Ropes Crossing
Posted

I reckon one of the heater hoses as split or let go...

how many kays on your ute mate?? is it producing more than standard power??

  • Good for nothing member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 3m 13d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I'm guessing heater core or hoses leading to it. Check passenger footwell to make sure there is no fluid inside the cabin

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...