SILK RSPEC Legacy Donating Member 193 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Southside Posted 06/08/08 06:39 AM Posted 06/08/08 06:39 AM Hi guy's just installed the 3.5" metal cat and had a engine fault come up. I checked a engine fault code which came up saying the cat convertor was not working properly. is there a simple fix to stop this light from coming up again? as It obviously is a new cat installed. ohh it is a BF mkII typhoon. I cleared the fault code with my flash 2 tuner but I don't want to have to constantly keep doing this.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 8m 2d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 06/08/08 06:41 AM Posted 06/08/08 06:41 AM I believe this can be tuned out, just wait until you get your custom tune done with all the new bits you have mate
bloosted Cruise Control 1,383 Member For: 20y 10m 3d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 06/08/08 06:42 AM Posted 06/08/08 06:42 AM Hi guy's just installed the 3.5" metal cat and had a engine fault come up. I checked a engine fault code which came up saying the cat convertor was not working properly. is there a simple fix to stop this light from coming up again? as It obviously is a new cat installed. ohh it is a BF mkII typhoon. I cleared the fault code with my flash 2 tuner but I don't want to have to constantly keep doing this.yep the BF has 2 o2 sensors,1 behind and 1 infront of the cat so if you put a different cat in thelight comes on but the good news is your tuner can turn it off
SILK RSPEC Legacy Donating Member 193 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Southside Posted 06/08/08 08:01 AM Author Posted 06/08/08 08:01 AM awesome dropping the car off first thing tommorrow for it's tune.... can't wait
typhoon_freak Cryptic Clothing Company Legacy Donating Member 4,556 Member For: 18y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: Brisvages, Capalaba Posted 26/08/08 12:54 AM Posted 26/08/08 12:54 AM I had the same problem when I did the cat. luckly when the car got tuned they turned it off.
SILK RSPEC Legacy Donating Member 193 Member For: 18y 11m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Southside Posted 26/08/08 03:42 AM Author Posted 26/08/08 03:42 AM My car is tuned now and no more light problems
bf bionic xrt Member 19 Member For: 18y 10m 13d Posted 30/08/08 03:11 AM Posted 30/08/08 03:11 AM My car is tuned now and no more light problemsHi, just wanted to know if you are using the sct flash box. I was told you can't turn of the rear cat sensor to stop the light with this box. I this correct?.
chikt Drift Queen Member 802 Member For: 18y 9m 22d Gender: Female Location: Perth Posted 30/08/08 04:57 AM Posted 30/08/08 04:57 AM you cant use the sct flash box, it wont work. I have exactly the same problem. I have had to get a sniper flash box to get it off. Tuner can do it but is waiting on software from USA. Hopefully have my engine light off next week.
ratter Member 6,793 Member For: 20y 4m 12d Gender: Male Location: @ my laptop Posted 30/08/08 10:37 AM Posted 30/08/08 10:37 AM Your tuner can turn the cat light off with the SCT/Capa advantage software
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/08/08 10:45 AM Posted 30/08/08 10:45 AM Is that what mine is doing mick?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now