ZMAN Member 669 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Location: Inglewood, W.A Posted 23/07/03 04:37 AM Posted 23/07/03 04:37 AM I waited 137 days...mainly due to the sunroof and premium sound....
CHIPS Great rack Legacy Donating Member 1,351 Member For: 23y 6m 3d Gender: Male Location: Geelong Vic. Posted 23/07/03 04:46 AM Posted 23/07/03 04:46 AM Stevenrad13, that's just crazy man!! I ordered my car on the 29th of march, got it 7 weeks later (auto, prem. sound & tow bar). Which dealer are you getting it through? Mine came through our Victorian sponsor - fantastic service I might add. :D
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 23/07/03 07:23 AM Posted 23/07/03 07:23 AM Ordered my T on June 19th and optioned premium brakes, premium sound, leather interior etc and my dealer is still telling me that it's going to be a September build. But time will tell. At no time was I told that certain options would cause more of a delay. Here's hoping. Oh yeah, still no SIDO after 5 weeks.
citric acid xr6t Legacy Donating Member 449 Member For: 23y 4m 30d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 23/07/03 07:34 AM Posted 23/07/03 07:34 AM Ordered mine May 14 only options are the Auto and tint. Expected delivery was 7th August. Dealer advised yesterday that it hit the production line on Monday 21st and is on track for August 7 delivery. Here's hoping. 15 days to go and counting down.....
clyde Member 71 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Location: Sydney Posted 23/07/03 07:46 AM Posted 23/07/03 07:46 AM Premium sound was one the things I was told is holding up a lot of cars. When I asked what was the wait on Fairmont Ghias I was told 2 months. Go figure, sounds like bullsh*t to me. I have been told 6mths wait, so it must be something other than premium sound. I am absolutely sick of being lied to and am now thinking of cancelling and buying something else.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 2m 30d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 23/07/03 07:49 AM Posted 23/07/03 07:49 AM Are you reading this, FORD?????
KrasH Bloody Orange Team (BOT) Legacy Donating Member 872 Member For: 23y 3m 7d Gender: Male Location: Canberra, Australia Posted 23/07/03 08:00 AM Posted 23/07/03 08:00 AM Are you reading this, FORD????? I hope they are but they are finally making a profit and it seems that they don't really care about the enthusiasts like us. They care more about the people who don't know anything about anything.
chief Member 166 Member For: 23y 2m 14d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/07/03 08:51 AM Author Posted 23/07/03 08:51 AM Yeah so it definitely looks like the premo sound and the sun roof are the main culprits for the really extra long waits. With the exception of a couple that are near standard ... that's just totally bloody mind boggling!So KEN 24T your just waiting on the delivery now? You could probably hire a limo burn down to the factory drink some bollinger and still have change from the money you have to pay for dealer delivery. Its a rip off in the first place, & when you paying that much you'd expect bloody good delivery!
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 2m 30d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 23/07/03 10:14 AM Posted 23/07/03 10:14 AM Yeah so it definitely looks like the premo sound and the sun roof are the main culprits for the really extra long waits. With the exception of a couple that are near standard ... that's just totally bloody mind boggling!So KEN 24T your just waiting on the delivery now? You could probably hire a limo burn down to the factory drink some bollinger and still have change from the money you have to pay for dealer delivery. Its a rip off in the first place, & when you paying that much you'd expect bloody good delivery!I offered (FPV) to fly down and drive it back myself ... they were'nt amused! Well neither am I! The more I think about it, the angrier I get. They could have put it on a train and It would have been here sooner ...
FamiliaGTRAe Team "I don't have no Falcon now" Member 387 Member For: 23y 3m 1d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 23/07/03 11:26 AM Posted 23/07/03 11:26 AM Yeah except that all the little delinquents between Melbourne and SYdney would have "borrowed" the wheels, the stereo, the seats, the steering wheel, and anything else that wasn't bolted down.....And even then somethings that were :lol: And people wonder why cars are no longer shipped by rail enmasse.Then again Ken perhaps the basis for a hotrod? No doors, guards bonnet etc. sounds like a project car! :D Cameron
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now