chief Member 166 Member For: 23y 2m 24d Location: Melbourne Posted 22/07/03 10:38 AM Posted 22/07/03 10:38 AM Hey guys,I was just trying to figure if there was a strong correlation between what (& how many options) people order and what their actual waiting period was. So is it likely if you only get a few options it will not take as long? or perhaps what type of options could affect time?hmmm...
Guest mickrock Guests Posted 22/07/03 10:45 AM Posted 22/07/03 10:45 AM be flexibleI was told that I wouldn't get mine till November...which was bullsh*t. I got it on june 26th, but that was because I said mercury silver or white. I've said before, Í haven't got any options except auto (the engine is what counts) and my daughter's babyseat. Have a couple of different specs in mind and keep hounding your dealer, all the time. The cars are there, your dealer's got to be pressured into finding one for you.Mickrock
chief Member 166 Member For: 23y 2m 24d Location: Melbourne Posted 22/07/03 10:56 AM Author Posted 22/07/03 10:56 AM Yeah good point, I'm just thinking I'm spending that much cash, I may as well get it exactly how I want it. When they told you November was that similar to your current one (with just the auto) and was the order placed a while back?Your still right about that bloody engine though.
Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 11m 8d Gender: Male Posted 22/07/03 11:55 AM Posted 22/07/03 11:55 AM When I received my car 2 months ago, the king of delays at that stage was the sunroof.If you don't want any major options, you should have a good chance of picking one up straight of the floor.
BlueXR6Turbo The Best Member Legacy Donating Member 1,970 Member For: 23y 9m Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 22/07/03 04:24 PM Posted 22/07/03 04:24 PM I ordered mine way back in December 02, picked it up in March 03. The wait was 3 months & 3 weeks. I got a call from the dealer a couple of days after ordering saying that they had a phantom turbo with no options coming in a few days time that I could have if I wanted. I thought along the same lines as cheif: I'm forking out a huge amount of money for a car, I'm gonna get the options I want.The major options I got were premium sound, 18" wheels & factory alarm. When I ordered, I only got told that it would be a March build, didn't get told a delivery date. A March build is what I got, so I don't think there were any delays at the factory. The dealer took a while with the pre-delivery, but I did have quite a few dealer options like tinted windows, paint & fabric protection, etc.
Velvet Glove Team Blueprint Member 532 Member For: 23y 5m 28d Posted 23/07/03 01:37 AM Posted 23/07/03 01:37 AM My delivery date is Aug 28. That'll be a 4 month wait by the time I get it ! When I rang the dealer the other day they couldnt even confirm that date. I sent a letter of complaint to my lease company as a 4 month wait for ANY car is absolute s***t !Its not like I ordered a modified BMW from Siberia. We are talking about a car wholely designed and built in this country. I have told them that if the car is not going to be here on Aug 28 I will cancel the order and buy something else. I dont care how good the car is (and it is cos that's why I ordered it), a 4 month wait is completely unacceptable. I hope Ford reads these things because I will never shed a tear for the car industry in this country if this is the type of service they deliver.Very p*****d off. My options were a tow pack and premuim sound. I could get a stereo and a tow bar fit in a local shop in an afternoon. There's no good reason for a manufacturer to delay anything longer than that.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 23/07/03 02:03 AM Posted 23/07/03 02:03 AM I hear ya, Velvet Glove, oh I hear ya!!So many times now I've considered cancelling the order. I to hope that Ford (or their representatives) read these forums. In talking to FPV I discovered that they normally work Mon-Fri, 7:00am-4:30pm. When I asked why, they said that they sometimes worked overtime if there was a need ... HELLOOO!! ... Surely they can afford some OT based on the number of units they are producing????And this whole thing about being held up on components, etc., doesn't wash either. Not my problem buddy, get your sh*t together! You do know how to run a business, right?Don't even start me on the transport debarkle ... my completed car is sitting waiting for a truck/driver, will have been for 1 week! Arrrrgggghhhh!!!NOT GOOD ENOUGH FORD!!!
GDH Member 84 Member For: 23y 8m 23d Posted 23/07/03 02:12 AM Posted 23/07/03 02:12 AM It was the premium sound that delayed mine (or so it was claimed at the time)...wouldn't be without it though.More than likely still is one of the problems. Since Ford made a design decision to integrate the stereo with the AC, etc, effectively shutting out the after-market, then you'd reckon they'd have planned for high demand on the factory stereo upgrade...not sure they did though.GDH
steven131 Legacy Donating Member 80 Member For: 23y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Frankston Nth,Vic Posted 23/07/03 03:39 AM Posted 23/07/03 03:39 AM Just prenium suond. Ordered March 11, is getting built in August
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 23/07/03 04:37 AM Posted 23/07/03 04:37 AM Just prenium suond. Ordered March 11, is getting built in August That's just BS! Sorry to hear it's going to take that long mate ...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now