Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Cant wait to drive it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Golden Bay,WA
Posted
I'm starting to think those 19"'s are 'the horn'. Can you comment on the ride quality? I guess hard if you have nothing to compare it to?

the 19's are definately the go it just doesent look right with 18's they dont fill the gurds

as for the ride quality it is awesome ive test driven a couple of fg's G6E in particular with 18's and I cant say I noticed any difference

I will let you know when the old man lets me off the leash and I can give it a good drive

  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Cant wait to drive it
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 2m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Golden Bay,WA
Posted
Absolutely gorgeous!

After seeing a few FG's in my rear view mirror, the front is stunning, but the rear is poo IMO :ermm:

I have to agree about the rear

although for me its the tail lights that I dont like moreso than the sheetmetal

they look like the aftermarket clear jobs you buy from supercrap they need some chrome or something like ba/bf instead of the black rim

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Kellyville, Sydney
Posted

Very very nice, love the front grille on the G Series make it look classy and even a bit Audi-ish

  • You are a dead set goose
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
... for me its the tail lights that I dont like moreso than the sheetmetal...

You're f*ckin spot on there :ermm:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mill Park, Victoria
Posted
Absolutely gorgeous!

After seeing a few FG's in my rear view mirror, the front is stunning, but the rear is poo IMO :cool1:

Well, you would be used to seeing the rear view of FG's, wouldnt you :P

  • You are a dead set goose
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 1d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Yes, when they're parked lol

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 24d
Posted (edited)
Mate I dont go by dynos there power readings dont reflect performance my ba xr6t was dynoed at 245 rwkw and on the road it had nothing, but this thing feels fast and is fast I already had a run with a 335 bm and had 2 cars on him with a passenger in the g6et.

Wheels and motor had tested this car 0 - 100 and got readings of 5.1 secs and that's on 95 ron fuel!

Relax mate, the G6e has been tested and was one pathetic tenth of a second faster than the XR6T, maybe the tester went to the toilet between testing both cars and lost 80 grams of weight from his bladder!

Very simple, if someone doesn't have handling as their number one priority and want a bit more class and comfort; you go the G6E.

If you want less body roll and better handling, not to mention an LSD, you go the XR6T. Not even worth mentioning a car is quicker by one tenth.

I heard there was a problem with the turbos on the new engine, a couple have failed and were recalled...... any news on this??

Edited by Buf-Phoon
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m
Posted (edited)
I heard there was a problem with the turbos on the new engine, a couple have failed and were recalled...... any news on this??

What you probably heard was Chinese whispers. There has been no recalls.

Edited by Ford_Power
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Newcastle
Posted

No recalls but they did have turbo issues before release I believe.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m
Posted

Yes correct. From what I have heard though, the issue was actually with Garrett who manufacture the turbochargers themselves.

Garrett rectified the issue before Ford started fitting them to FGs.

^^ Again, this is just what I have heard.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...