Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Any more pics of Fergus? He's cooler than that other bloke with the duck! :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: kenthurst, Sydney
Posted

Fergus opening his Xmas presents.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Awesome...Dags will be cut that he just logged-off and missed that :innocent:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
No problems mate, details as follows:

Hayman Reese 'TRAILBOSS'

Part No. - QTFD962

Tongue No. - 5177

Gross Trailer Mass - 2300 kg

Static Ball Load - 230 kg

Also noted it had 'BA/XR6' stamped on it also.

Hope this helps, cheers

Thanks for that, however not sure of the Trailboss / HR tie up, appears HR may produce for Trailboss.

I've just worked out the HR tow bar I have (R1934) is not for an FG XR6, I'm guessing the rear bar must have a different profile and that's why the receiver is in behind the bar. In conjunction with ongoing issues with both the Ipod and Bluetooth not working (after being retrofitted as they were left off the factory order) it hasn't been a totally pleasant 5 days of ownership so far. :-(

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: kenthurst, Sydney
Posted

On the plate it doesn't say hayman reese at all but on chrome plated section you see right at the back where the tongue slides into it says Hayman reese. Just did a search on hayman Reese and trailboss and it appears that they are both owned by the same company - Trimas corporation.

That model number you have(R1934) is for a BA & AU ute according to Hayman Reese website. R2508 is what their site says is for FG with a 2300kg rating.

Sorry to hear about the problems mate, I have one which is diff related and will put details in driveline forum.

cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 1m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
That model number you have(R1934) is for a BA & AU ute according to Hayman Reese website. R2508 is what their site says is for FG with a 2300kg rating.

Sorry to hear about the problems mate, I have one which is diff related and will put details in driveline forum.

Apparently R1990 is the correct unit for XR's, the "hitchbox" section is longer to protrude through the bar, and the dealer will swap it when it's convenient to me (probably the 3000km service when they also replace interior trim they damaged getting the seat in and out while fitting the bluetooth and ipod). To their credit the dealership has been really good about it all.

I also did my first hwy run last night and reckon I've got a slight high pitched whine from the diff in the 96 - 99km/h region. It's probably normal and may bed in, just that the ute cabin seems to get a heap of road noise through the rear wall / rear window region. I reckon the tub must reflect it to the cab, and / or the air vents on the rear wall allow it to come in?

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

I think you've hit the nail on the head on all counts, extra cabin noise in the utes come from the vents on the back wall....and I'd say you have a bit of the infamous diff wine. The champions throw that feature in for free! :huh:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: kenthurst, Sydney
Posted
Apparently R1990 is the correct unit for XR's, the "hitchbox" section is longer to protrude through the bar, and the dealer will swap it when it's convenient to me (probably the 3000km service when they also replace interior trim they damaged getting the seat in and out while fitting the bluetooth and ipod). To their credit the dealership has been really good about it all.

I also did my first hwy run last night and reckon I've got a slight high pitched whine from the diff in the 96 - 99km/h region. It's probably normal and may bed in, just that the ute cabin seems to get a heap of road noise through the rear wall / rear window region. I reckon the tub must reflect it to the cab, and / or the air vents on the rear wall allow it to come in?

Sorry mate, R1990 is right. just looked at hayman reese site again . FG ute is different to FG turbo ute towbar. Dont know if my Hayman Reese 'Trailboss' is inferior to the Normal Hayman Reese (R1990) or not, but nothing fell off when I used it to tow a mini excavator the other week.

Dont know if your whine will go away or not. My BA Diff (s) started off with a slight whine also but gradually got worse to the extent that they both were replaced under warranty. Anyway cross your fingers , may be ok.

  • Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
I think you've hit the nail on the head on all counts, extra cabin noise in the utes come from the vents on the back wall....and I'd say you have a bit of the infamous diff wine. The champions throw that feature in for free! :nod:

Nonsense.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...