dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/07/08 01:07 AM Posted 15/07/08 01:07 AM You need to do it upfront, and they refund you. Regarding the post repair check I would also suggest doing wheel alignment at a reputable place, the computer will say if any suspension components are out of wack.
Slammer Member 81 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Motherland Posted 15/07/08 01:16 AM Author Posted 15/07/08 01:16 AM oh okjust out of curiosity how long does it take for my case to go in front of small claims tribunal and does it cost anything?Also will the person be made to pay the fee back in one lump some or 5$ for the rest of their life?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/07/08 01:23 AM Posted 15/07/08 01:23 AM No mate you don't need a lawyer, but I'd be very surprised if it came to that. As long as you don't go hiring an exotic import or something and can prove that you need a vehicle you should be right. I even got reimbursed for a couple of air fares that would not have been necessary if it weren't for the accident.The opposing insurer will send you a "Form Of Discharge" before coughing up any money, just make sure AAMI are happy with you signing it and then send it back and the cheque will be in the mail.
Slammer Member 81 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Motherland Posted 15/07/08 01:33 AM Author Posted 15/07/08 01:33 AM what if the person is not insured? f*cked?
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 6d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/07/08 01:41 AM Posted 15/07/08 01:41 AM Oh Not real sure about that. Best speak with AAMI as they will only recover costs to repair the vehicle. If someone is uninsured and is already facing a massive repair bill then you may not get a cent out of them for anything else.
Slammer Member 81 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Motherland Posted 15/07/08 01:44 AM Author Posted 15/07/08 01:44 AM will give AAMI a call when I got to lunch
Slammer Member 81 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Motherland Posted 15/07/08 03:19 AM Author Posted 15/07/08 03:19 AM (edited) Well I just got of the phone with AAMI and they said that maybe I might get something back from the car. Also I spoke to the other person insurance and they will not pay for the car and apparently are considering dropping the claim and making me at fault even after the police said that she was.Also after this I spoke to the police again and they said that the women said that it was my fault because I was not watching for cars crossing a one way three lane road from the right during rush hour.The intersection sorry my side of the road only has three lanes but in the pic I drew 4 Edited 15/07/08 03:20 AM by Slammer
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/07/08 03:29 AM Posted 15/07/08 03:29 AM So you were driving along and she turned into you? Or were you coming out of a driveway and she was coming in?
Slammer Member 81 Member For: 19y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Motherland Posted 15/07/08 03:36 AM Author Posted 15/07/08 03:36 AM I was driving alone and so was she but we do have witnesses. The funny thing is that both of them said that she was at fault. I was going forward(down in the pic). On the left side of the road (my side) was a drive way leading to BWS and Pokes. So I was going straight down and she came across in front of me.It was rush hour so the middle and the right lane were both bumper to bumper but the left was empty. She prety much flew out ( didn’t ever creep here nose out, just drove straight out) and then stoped in my lane because the drive way is rather steep.All this happened literally a car length a head of me if not less.
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 15/07/08 03:39 AM Posted 15/07/08 03:39 AM Pfft, that's just stupid. She would have to be in the wrong because you aren't supposed to give way in that situation, she is.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now