Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

It is possible but it might not be suitable for what you're after as fog lights broadcast a very wide and thin beam.

How about doing high beams only? it would probably do the job but I've hard it's hard to adjust you eyes to normal light after high beam HID's are turned off, might be worth investigating.

  • Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 22y 5m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

From memory Cro changed the lenses in his foglights and wired them up as spotties....not sure how effective they are (were) being so close to the ground though :buttonit:

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 14d
Posted

I've decided on the phillips +80% had a good writeup on the net from others who have used them. Now, whats a good powerful globe for my foglights, I have no idea what fittings they use. I just dont want them looking yellow now in comparison to the phillips globes, plus if I can have something brighter that's a bonus, even though they will be swallowed by the light from the phillips globes.

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 6m 14d
Posted

and also, with the falcons having seperate hi and low beam globes, how do I go about getting these +80% globes, do they just have a hi-low version, and a version with seperate hi and low beam globes?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 5m 18d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
and also, with the falcons having seperate hi and low beam globes, how do I go about getting these +80% globes, do they just have a hi-low version, and a version with seperate hi and low beam globes?

Here is a guy $175 for the hid XR6 kit

Private Message: Re: Hid

03-07-2008, 10:15 PM

ebuyproduct_HID

Member

ebuyproduct_HID's Avatar

BA falcon XR6 use H4 for lo beam, and our H4 kit are bi-xenon dual beam kit which both Hi/Lo beam HID, and is $175.00 for the kit

postage combined for 2 kit is $30.00 via express, or pick up avaliable from auburn nsw

BR

Ivan

Thanks for the quick reply Ivan kit for the skyline thanks is it the 8000 that's the blue one

Cheers Tom

__________________

HID 3000k, 6000k and 8000k installe

  • No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 7m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

What Kelvin is this HID kit.

Anything above 5000k is going to get the cops attention as they are becoming ricer blue.

  • 1 month later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m
  • Location: BRISBANE
Posted

Just fitted Narva Plus 50 to my XR this weekend all six bulbs (Headlights and fogs) about $110 made a difference so I spent another 100 and got them for the wife’s Corolla made a big difference to it now has better lights than my EL which has 100w high in it even though the Plus 50 are 60w high seem better. since fitment I’ve seen on the Narva web site new Narva Blue power a fly sh*t better by the look of them not sure how much extra though

http://www.narva.com.au/Narva_Catalogue.html

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)

I have used philips before with good success

Edited by Cashie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...