Xr6t Manual Or Auto, Should I Wait

My name is Mud

• Member For: 15y 11m 27d

Hey guys

Well im new to this forum and have been reading through your posts, lots of great informtation, thanks!!

Well im due for a new work car as our lease runs out next week and ive been lucky enough to be allowed to order a new XR6T. The timing of the FG couldnt have been any better. Ive got a BA Mk2 turbo now and really enjoy driving it. I was due to get my new XR6T next friday and although I havent been advised any different im not expecting to see it now for a few weeks if im lucky. Ive been reading plenty on the manual with the launch control and its got me excitied. I changed my order the other day to manual and they have come back to me and said I can have a manual but will have to wait an extra month to get it. Im sure there would be times in traffic when I wished I had the auto but I also do alot of travelling around qld and nsw for work and the manual could be fantastic on some of those roads. Ive heard nothing but good things about the new autos!

Im struggling with excitement on getting this new car and to be waiting possibly another 7-8 weeks is going to be painful!! Should I just go the auto and get it sooner or put up with a hyundai gets hire car for a while and wait for the manual. Decisions Decisions.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 13d

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

May I ask what sorta work your in where you boss gives you XRT's, as I would like to ask for a job.

Oh and for the record I'd go an Auto mate.

Edited by XRTPSI

Cheers! I guess the boss just wants me to get around and see as many customers as I can quickly hahaha. Before I knew the FG was coming I was talking about getting a VE SS and was strictly told we are not allowed anything but XR6 Turbos, Im glad now the FG is here!!!

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 14d

Pretty hard call to make ‘sight unseen’ - I'd be getting my arse in a manual FG for a test drive before finalising everything if I were you.

That said though if you're doing allot of country/highway miles then a manual would definitely be the go, just depends how much peak hour city traffic you have to endure I guess.

If I weren’t living and working in the city then it’d definitely be a manual for me.

:Welcome2FordXR6t:

Well just been told I have to make a decision this afternoon so test drive not an option :rolleyes:

Its only about a 10 minute drive to my office and I do a bit of around town driving. Mainly drive the M1 between Brissi and Gold coast which sometimes can be a car park and also alot of country miles. Well performance car, launch control, maybe manual is the answer and dont want to be known as a sissy that needs a strap on hahahah

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 2d

I don't think you'd be dissapointed mate, I've driven an XR8 with the new box in it and I think it is great, feels very "racey" and the clutch is fairly light.