Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/08 11:07 AM Posted 15/05/08 11:07 AM Good article here (it might be the same as already posted but I couldnt be bothered checking)LinkyFirstly, the newies from the house of Ford Performance Vehicles are a quantum leap forward over the BF-based line-up. So there. Live in the past, or get with the strength.I am looking forward to a drive.
Howsee Legacy Donating Member 785 Member For: 18y 11m 27d Gender: Male Location: Carindale, Brisbane Posted 15/05/08 11:17 AM Posted 15/05/08 11:17 AM I love the performance and interior styling and features, but the outside looks like SH&T compared to the b series. whoever decided on the exterior aesthetics needs to have their head examined imo, it just doesnt look right in the pics. but I will be happy to have a look at one in the flesh when they're released, I won't pass all my judgement yet....
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 19d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 15/05/08 11:19 AM Posted 15/05/08 11:19 AM ClassiePuff Kinda sums them up well dont it...
O2STOCK Legacy Donating Member 607 Member For: 21y 18d Location: Brisbane Posted 15/05/08 11:24 AM Posted 15/05/08 11:24 AM (edited) I was going to buy a R spec on the run out specials but decided the Mazda 2 was a better buy. Edited 15/05/08 11:36 AM by O2STOCK
F6Rdodg'nroos Member 164 Member For: 18y 9m Location: NSW-The Taxed State Posted 15/05/08 12:42 PM Posted 15/05/08 12:42 PM I was this close .. from a trading my T for a Mazda 2 Then I saw the R-Spec mats . . . I 'm just a sucker for embroidered mats Dang I hope they last the 5 yrs before I trade...
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 2d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/08 12:48 PM Posted 15/05/08 12:48 PM I almost bought a bright yellow car. But then I decided to give people sh!t because their opinions differ from my own!
F6Rdodg'nroos Member 164 Member For: 18y 9m Location: NSW-The Taxed State Posted 15/05/08 01:21 PM Posted 15/05/08 01:21 PM (edited) OK OK ......Three things I like about the FG Intercooler $500Badges$100 (Senna?)Plumbing Plenum/injectors $3000-$5000$5600 - Done $5600+Tune$500And the FG's done 0-100 in what, 5.3 -5.1sec - so far.Mines already doing 5.1 & under. So what - spend maybe $6k -$8k over 5 years, get it ballistic and I'll still have a good lookin car.Just couldn't bear wakin up to this silly billy every morning: Edited 15/05/08 01:31 PM by F6Rdodg'nroos
dule Legacy Donating Member 1,180 Member For: 19y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/05/08 02:06 PM Posted 15/05/08 02:06 PM It all comes down to taste doesn't it. Some people like it others don't not worth arguing about it. For those who say they don't want the it only because of racoon eyes.... well it could easily be painted the way you like it for about $500
F6Rdodg'nroos Member 164 Member For: 18y 9m Location: NSW-The Taxed State Posted 15/05/08 02:28 PM Posted 15/05/08 02:28 PM Yeah true. I'm just And it is quite clear the responses show quite varying opinions - Ford should be listeningI'm sure they will probably win a great deal more sales with colourcoded front as an option. I spoke to one of the Marketing guys at FPV about it-not on the cards yet, but I'm sure they will.Despite the looks (whatever the opinion), they have done a great job on the engineering side - handling, engine improvements, things like launch control, drive quality etc No question. And the importance of this cars success is critical for them now - so peoples broader opinions will probably help them make it even better.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/08 11:40 PM Posted 15/05/08 11:40 PM The T has recorded times of 5.1, as has the G6ET. The Phoon will break 4's, and good chance the T will too.Be interesting to see what MOTOR report today.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now