TornadoJudd Legacy Donating Member 818 Member For: 20y 7m 23d Posted 15/05/08 10:42 AM Posted 15/05/08 10:42 AM what do the dealer fit optional wheels look like for the T?
rspecf6 Banned 138 Member For: 18y 5m 4d Gender: Male Posted 15/05/08 10:45 AM Posted 15/05/08 10:45 AM But Drive’s first, brief performance test of the 310kW F6 saw 5.3 seconds flash up on our satellite-based timing equipment for the 0-100km/h sprint. That already beats times we have recorded with the same equipment for both the XR6 Turbo (5.4 seconds) and new HSV 6.2-litre V8 (5.6 seconds).To be fair, though, each car was tested in different conditions and on different days, so it's difficult to make direct comparisons; we'll leave that until we drive the cars back to back. Also, we've clocked a 0-100km/h time of 5.1 seconds in the XR6 Turbo.However, we're confident the FPV F6 is quicker. With more time and a significantly smoother surface than were available on our first drive, there’s no doubt that the turbocharged six-cylinder FPV F6 has the potential to go under the magic 5.0-second barrier. (We also tested an auto, and the manual comes with a launch function designed to optimise acceleration from standstill.)The key to the F6’s mighty performance lies in its ironing-board-flat torque curve. Its peak torque of 565Nm - the most of any Australian-made car - is delivered all the way from 1950rpm to 5200rpm. In comparison, the V8-powered GT doesn’t reach its torque peak until a relatively high 4750rpm.
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/08 10:45 AM Posted 15/05/08 10:45 AM (edited) tab lol Edited 15/05/08 10:46 AM by R-SPEC
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/08 10:46 AM Posted 15/05/08 10:46 AM You two are sooo cute R1 and R2 lol.
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 17d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/08 10:53 AM Posted 15/05/08 10:53 AM I want to see MOTOR's test of the F6 and T. That will give a better indication of how quick they are.
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 13d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 15/05/08 10:53 AM Posted 15/05/08 10:53 AM Maybe some username changes are in order!
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 7d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 15/05/08 10:55 AM Posted 15/05/08 10:55 AM Sorry but I am a car in front now. I've seen it in the flesh and driven it - I just don't like it, It's looks do nuthin for me, the interior does nuthin for me, It looks too safe, it feels too linear in power delivery - I like a bit of growl, a tuff lookin car, a bit of edge and that's what my car has - sorry can't see how I'd be in front driving a car I don't like, when I chose to buy the car I loove. I made the descision early not to buy an FG for those reasons. And don't get me started on Rocky racoon - it may be even quicker and I know when I see one of them on the road, I may well be a car length behind, because I'll be ! vs I'll take the one on the left thanks! There's a Racoon's giving me a silly grin!I think my next upgrade will be to another BFMKII - or Europe!
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 15/05/08 10:57 AM Posted 15/05/08 10:57 AM That would make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside wouldn't it tab?
O2STOCK Legacy Donating Member 607 Member For: 21y 24d Location: Brisbane Posted 15/05/08 11:01 AM Posted 15/05/08 11:01 AM Still, I can't wait to drive one! I was hoping for a reaction
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 15/05/08 11:05 AM Author Posted 15/05/08 11:05 AM Guys do not turn this into a FG is not as good as my R-Spec thread.PErsonally I do not like the racoon eyes. This could move me to the GT-E Pity they do not do a Turbo version of the luxo barge
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now