EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/05/08 07:44 AM Posted 10/05/08 07:44 AM Hi Guys,Well been wanting to get rid of the brake shudder I've had for a while now, and originally I wanted to buy a set of brembo's but you have to draw the line somewhere as to how much money you'll spend on a car. So instead I bought myself some DBA4000 slotted rotors and ferodo formula pads. I've only done the fronts at this stage as that's all the wallet will allow at the moment, but the rears will be done when the $$ allow. Also put some new brake fluid in.I haven't yet been able to test them out as of yet as I'm still bedding them in, but I will update this thread once I've given them a bit of a work out. Anyway here's some pics of the work we did this afternoon and what it looks like now.The old rotors:The new rotors:
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 19d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 10/05/08 07:48 AM Posted 10/05/08 07:48 AM I had the same set up on my T , a huge improvement over the stock rubbish. A pretty reasonable compromise IMO
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 10/05/08 08:32 AM Posted 10/05/08 08:32 AM They looks sweet.How much did they set you back???and did you put new brake fluid in???
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/05/08 08:35 AM Posted 10/05/08 08:35 AM Looks heaps better now! You just have to wait a couple hundred kays to test 'em out.
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 10/05/08 08:51 AM Author Posted 10/05/08 08:51 AM They looks sweet.How much did they set you back???and did you put new brake fluid in???Thanks and yep put new brake fluid in as well. All up TNT'd to my door was $680. $240 each for front rotors and I think it was $160 for the pads
XRPete Member 673 Member For: 19y 28d Gender: Male Location: Here Posted 10/05/08 11:46 PM Posted 10/05/08 11:46 PM I wanna do something like this. How hard is it to do it yourself. Any tips for me ez2cme
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 11/05/08 12:12 AM Posted 11/05/08 12:12 AM looks good matee great upgrade option
EZ2CME Formerly XR6NA Member 3,512 Member For: 20y 10m 8d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 11/05/08 03:00 AM Author Posted 11/05/08 03:00 AM I wanna do something like this. How hard is it to do it yourself. Any tips for me ez2cmeVery simple really, but having said that my brother did most of the work I just sought of did what he told me to do. So he'll probably be along shortly to give you any tips.looks good matee great upgrade optionThanks, its great to finally be able to brake smoothly again.
wados Member 617 Member For: 21y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 11/05/08 04:07 AM Posted 11/05/08 04:07 AM I think I need to do this next, I dont have as much power as you do but if it gets rid of the shudder than its worth it
XF Falcon <put funny sh*t here> Member 3,365 Member For: 19y 11m Gender: Male Location: Perth, NOR Posted 19/05/08 05:48 AM Posted 19/05/08 05:48 AM I'm seriously considering doing the exact mod shortly. These are the DBA 42107SL and 42107SR aren't they? I can get them for about $190 through a relative so its really looking like a great value mod. My rotors look and feel like your old ones at the moment too, shudder central!!!So are you glad you did the swap? I'm still worried that they look relatively small once you put on a set of 19" rims, but really I'm not sure if spending the extra $1000 or so is worth it, just to have 355mm rotors rather than these 322mm ones.How do you find them now that they have had a chance to bed in...etc?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now