ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 11/05/08 09:43 PM Posted 11/05/08 09:43 PM What Raspberry said.
Jmpin Member 111 Member For: 19y 8d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 12/05/08 12:30 AM Posted 12/05/08 12:30 AM There are some interesting stories going around. OK, the Siemens run "fat" down low, more like 115lb injector according to Simon. And what are these idling issues exactly? If your tuner told you they cause bad fuel economy then ask him to prove it! I went from 190rwkw to 315rwkw on the Siemens and my fuel economy has improved by at least 1.5L/100km city cycle and 1L/100km highway cycle. Would you call that poor fuel economy?More than 100 sets have been sold via group buys and no doubt many more directly from tuners and parts shops. Don't you think that if there was any truth to the rumours of bad fuel economy and "idling issues" we would know via members reporting that fact back? What, suddenly after years of this injector being used we are just discovering they have bad fuel economy and poor idle? P-lease!Yeah right-O mate. dont have the cash to just throw around on tunes and re-tunes. didn't realise this was the aria to hang sh*t all over people with very similar interests tryin to modify there ride.and on that note, I already have the 60lb'ers waiting, just thought they may have been over kill for my needs.
Dagabond Bored Member Administrator 35,722 Member For: 23y 10m 24d Gender: Male Location: Dé·jà vu Posted 12/05/08 01:00 AM Posted 12/05/08 01:00 AM didn't realise this was the aria to hang sh*t all over people with very similar interests tryin to modify there ride.Nobody said anything like that and please dont start the he said she said crap again or this one will end up like the last one with a lock on it and nobody getting any information.PDt1CTuAk2A They're just injectors.....
adamw Member 143 Member For: 22y 2m 23d Location: Darwin Posted 12/05/08 03:11 AM Author Posted 12/05/08 03:11 AM Wouldn't mind an answer to my original question too If I enter new the new scaling values (if I can get a hold of them for standard injectors going to 60lb Dekas) - do I need to fine tune fueling or will it run roughly the same AFRs as before (when it had the old injectors and the old scaling values)?
straughsberry Legacy Donating Member 1,846 Member For: 19y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Broady, Melbourne Posted 12/05/08 04:56 AM Posted 12/05/08 04:56 AM Hey I didn't see any Dekas in there
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 12/05/08 05:45 AM Posted 12/05/08 05:45 AM Wouldn't mind an answer to my original question too If I enter new the new scaling values (if I can get a hold of them for standard injectors going to 60lb Dekas) - do I need to fine tune fueling or will it run roughly the same AFRs as before (when it had the old injectors and the old scaling values)?It will be different.AFR's are determined by more than just the amount of fuel.
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 12/05/08 07:13 AM Posted 12/05/08 07:13 AM (edited) I run 270rwkw wit the dekas... my fuel consumtion is less then it was when the car was factory.if your worried about fuel consumtion, dont!keep your injectors and save some coin...if anyone wants to see how these things peform, and check out fuel consumption... send me a pm Edited 12/05/08 07:15 AM by jetute
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 17d Posted 12/05/08 07:23 AM Posted 12/05/08 07:23 AM Wouldn't mind an answer to my original question too If I enter new the new scaling values (if I can get a hold of them for standard injectors going to 60lb Dekas) - do I need to fine tune fueling or will it run roughly the same AFRs as before (when it had the old injectors and the old scaling values)?Enter your new high and low slope scalers, you will then need to check your mixtures to see if they are correct and adjust the high and low slope as needed until the mixtures correspond to what you are inputing and if closed loop is functioning as it should.
adamw Member 143 Member For: 22y 2m 23d Location: Darwin Posted 12/05/08 07:39 AM Author Posted 12/05/08 07:39 AM Thanks mate, will I also need to adjust WOT fueling?Not that I have the ability to do any of this just yet, but I'm praying the vcmsuite rumours are true.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now