Xbox 360 Vs Ps3

Superdan

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 3d
Geeseman I am not going to qoute you as your thread is far to long.

The question was asked 360 or PS3. The reasons I gave are due to reliabilty and over all usefulness (if that's a word). The 360 is just a gaming console with a HD. The PS3 is a multimedia centre which includes BR. It is also far more reliable than the 360. SO if I was to spend $600 on either of the 2 I know what I would buy.

It doesnt mean I think the PS3 is better machine in terms of development or technology but just better value for money in the long run.

I honestly think Wii with its limited capabilities is better than both in terms of value for money but that's not what this discussion is about.

To Superdan, as far as I know the only wireless adapter for the 360 is the microsoft branded which retails for over $100. PS3 has wireless inbuilt hehe

I dont know a whole lot (I.e. SFA) about the PS3's multimedia capabilities, but ignoring BD for a minute, what does the PS3 have that the 360 doesn't in terms of multimedia??

my 360 can stream all sorts of media over a wifi or ethernet connection, plus I have just hooked up a 500GB USB external sata drive with about 30,000 mp3's, 200 movies and about 40 full seasons of random TV shows and it plays about 85% of them straight off the drive - the ones it cant play are due to codec incompatibilities which im sure will be rectified with future firmware updates.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 15y 7m 23d

I'd go for the 360, better price, better controllers (IMO), and ive seen them playing the same games on the same HD tv's side by side and I really cant tell the difference... games were WWE and also Need For Speed Cabon running on both the consoles at the same time...

Someone mentioned the hard drive's breaking earlier, the hard drive's are as reliable as computer/laptop hard drive's because they are laptop hard drive's... which are pretty relaible unless you drop them.

Make sure if you get a 360 to get the hard drive with it though, they are hard to find unless you want to pay $200 for a 120gb hard drive then its alright.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 20d

RRod takes 30 minutes to fix.

I have both and id say go the 360.Yes they can play up but mine lasted 3 years and when it did play up,it took me 30 minutes to fix it.Its simple.The ps3 controllers feel like they would break in your hands if you got sh*tty with a game and the home screen is so dark and boring compared to xbox.Xbox has more in game functions then ps3 asweel.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 24d
RRod takes 30 minutes to fix.

I have both and id say go the 360.Yes they can play up but mine lasted 3 years and when it did play up,it took me 30 minutes to fix it.Its simple.The ps3 controllers feel like they would break in your hands if you got sh*tty with a game and the home screen is so dark and boring compared to xbox.Xbox has more in game functions then ps3 asweel.

I've thrown and smacked f@ck out of my ps3 controllers and after 2 years they are still going strong, the R3 button is getting a little soft though after knifing people so many times in COD4! The case is pretty much intentical to ps2.

Also try changing the home screen for maybe a theme or I personally like using the Haze theme then replace the background with the original in blue, although I am a Parra fan it is still striking on a big lcd.

Just bought the wireless keypad for the ps3 controller today also, funky bit of kit and make typing messages sh*tloads easier now and has mouse feature built into it