Motorvation 2009

Mat

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 12d

Perhaps a WA mod could make this a seperate topic BUT:

I Logged onto Perth-WRX tonight and came across a Motorvation 2009 thread..

Made me think and im sure I've read a few people would be keen, however is anyone actually serious about entering as an XR6T "club"? Even if its only 10 cars or so it might be worth taking seriously?

The boosted Fords were a bit lacking during MV08. Sure, there were a few quality ones around but not as many as you'd expect (given its a pretty popular model)

For those who havent been / entered its basically one of Perth's biggest car shows that allows camping on Friday and Saturday nights.

Setup is on the Friday of course, driving events during the day and a few quiet drinks at night. Im sure many of you have seen the result of the Saturday night.. if not http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=avA7moAsLBA gives u an idea.

Cost for entry is around $120ish (cant remember the actual price this year and like everything im sure it will rise!!) but its not overly expensive (unless you destroy 10 sets of tyres or pop and engine lol)

Just need a marquee, stereo (or we could just Ramons F6F :D), portable fridge etc etc If everyone splits costs its not to expensive!

IMHO its not a bad weekend and im sure those who have been will agree!!

LIST OF PEOPLE GENUINELY INTERESTED

Mat

Kieran

DRTYBOOST

Chubzilla

Dean

AaronXR

Deonie

Ramon - hopefully!

Turboknapp

Brendan

Edited by XR06T

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 2d

I think it would make a great weekend! not sure my car has the calibre to enter but there is no harm in trying! im sure I could muster some mods before january 2009 too.. if you have an interest in entering please post up so we can see if it may be worth organising something!

I reckon it's a great idea - of course I'll probably be working but it's still a great idea.

I wouldn't worry about whether or not your up to the same calibre XR06T as I think we're all in the same boat but a good showing as a group would be something to see I reckon. Besides I think collectively most people here have a car to be proud of.

I'll have to start saving for more bling & go gear now!

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 2d

spose as long as your car is straight and tidy (or can do a ripper skid, or both!!) then your gonna have a good time! I think we would shine on the dyno also!

• <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member For: 17y 5m 17d

You would definitely want to make sure your car can do a skid if you go on the powercruise. Nothing worse than seeing cars trying to do burnouts but failing miserably :P Not that any of our cars will have trouble lighting up the rears hehe - mind you I've heard how sticky the snake pit gets once its completely covered in rubber :)

• Member For: 16y 2m 9d

I had plans to enter my car in motorvation 09 for a while now, its a stocker at the moment but of course I had planned to get some stuff done. I had planned to go by myself but if we are going to get a group together that would be better as if you are by yourself you get pushed right up the back of the pits where nobody can see you.

I thought you DID have to have mods to your vehicle to get into motorvation?

But yeah, obviously, assuming I have some serious mods happening, heck yeah im up for it!