Motorvation 2009

Mat

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7d

Cars dont *need* mod's but of course they probably wont let a standard XR6T in, simply due to having more entries than vacancies.

That said, if you have a standard Enzo or something, im sure they wont mind :P

IF you have tint, modded exhaust (even just a cat back), fmic, etc you've got a solid chance.

Peter Pike and co know there isnt a lot you can do to these cars to make them stand out. Lets face it, other than rims, lowering and tint, visual mods (body kits, wings etc) are few and far between.

xr6TAcid- I reckon you'd have HEAPS more fun going as a group ;)

This year we had some sponsor support (few of the perth wrx guys run car related business, made us shirts etc) that helped go towards costs.

Im not really an organiser type person BUT I've had a chat to my good mate Kym (IMPRESIV) who organised this years effort for us and while he's not going to do it again (he copped some flak cause people didnt go to MV meetings), he said he'd give me and hand here and there if we get the COMMITMENT. This means deposits (even $50), photo's of cars, early entrys (VERY important), MV "meetings" (few drinks at a pub lol)

Im sure we could get a dozen or so F6 / XR6T's accepted. If anyone is genuinely keen, I'll need names etc!

• Member For: 16y 2m 9d

Nice call Mat.

Lads I've entered MV since 2000. Highly recommended event. If I'm happy with the way my phoon works out I may even enter.

A good recipe for mv is to get a group entry confirmed and entered BY AUGUST 2008.

This shows organisation and commitment from a club level.

The layout 'usually' runs with a marquee for out of the sun fun and night time shenanigans as well as a small mobile cool room and a bbq.

You won't regret doing it.

Jme

Edited by explicit

• Member For: 16y 8m 4d

I will certainly have my new beast by then so I may be interested depending on how the car comes along closer to the date! I will keep it in mind for sure :surrenderwave:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 28d

I think we need to get a list together. so post up if you are genuinely interested and I will make a list in the 1st post.

bacause there are so many entries and limited spots, not everyone gets accepted, so you have to be very particular with specs on your car and get enough photos etc.

• Donating Members
I think we need to get a list together. so post up if you are genuinely interested and I will make a list in the 1st post.

bacause there are so many entries and limited spots, not everyone gets accepted, so you have to be very particular with specs on your car and get enough photos etc.

Wanna be co-organiser? :spoton: Unless of course anyone wants to be organiser!! I get the feeling its not the best job in the world but if you get people sorted out early it'd be less running around!

Like JME said, August is pretty much the cut off but I want to present all the required stuff to Peter Pike as early as possible. Perhaps July? Not sure but will email him in next few days.

Kieran, you are right about our specs and pictures. Since our cars dont look as standout as many others you have to be a bit creative with your description!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 1d
Wanna be co-organiser? :stupid: Unless of course anyone wants to be organiser!! I get the feeling its not the best job in the world but if you get people sorted out early it'd be less running around!

Like JME said, August is pretty much the cut off but I want to present all the required stuff to Peter Pike as early as possible. Perhaps July? Not sure but will email him in next few days.

Kieran, you are right about our specs and pictures. Since our cars dont look as standout as many others you have to be a bit creative with your description!

Mat

We'll put our car in....

PM sent

D

• Donating Members

Ball IS officiall now rolling mate :D Deonie has put her hand up to help myself organise all this (all will be ok now we have a female organising stuff!!!) and like I said, first things first, we will need a list of names (with surname and car). Sure its a while off but gives us plenty of time to get organised, plan our mods

Once we get a few solid names down, we'll take it from there I guess!

If anyone has any ideas or something they want to add, dont be shy :)