The Off Topic Thread.

KEN 24T

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 20d

yeah... only other option is to save-up+invest and see how that goes long term and then "buy" the same house for more than the mortgage value in ~10+ years time, haha, but a lot less interest, but paying rent the whole time ... hmm 

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3m

You'd have a big yard for the doggos, lots more disposable income for a home gym and it might be more scenic. Could have less road noise at night, be darker for better sleeping and closer to the twisties for that extra ease of hooning cruising. Big yard means swimming pool too which is pretty much mandatory in summer.

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

There's a huge list of "pros" like you've listed for the country-living, but a huge list of "cons" as well, same as for living nearer to the city... I'll weigh it all up and spend heaps of money either way haha.

• Like 1

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

Probably if I stay in this relationship, east-ish ~30km from the Melbourne city, ~1mil homes... ~900k interest if standard amortization loan with ~6% interest... would pay heaps more in the first ~10 years to smash that interest down to say ~400k... paying ~5.5k per month standard repayments, +3k extra to smash the interest down. Will probably not go with such a specific loan type but you get the gist. 

Country not sure, trying not to consider it too hard as I know how much less I could spend haha

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 3m

Yay Friday :yay:

Buying a house that has your internet requirements is probably a major factor in decision making.

Edited by Puffwagon