Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 2m 1d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 04/04/08 05:25 AM Posted 04/04/08 05:25 AM Guys,Just thought I would let people know that may be wondering if the new G6ET does have an LSD. I've been wondering this due to me looking to purchase a new ford on coming months.I have been informed from a very reliable source that the G6ET does not and cannot have an LSD optioned. This is due to the DSC/Traction control moduals having a different calibration from the G6ET and XR6T.Very disappointing unfortunately.Also Wheels magazine tested the G6ET the other day and it managed a 5.1 0-100kl/h and a 13.3 qtr. This was on 95ron fuel. The XR6T and the G6ET have exactly the same engine calibration and very similar transmission calibrations.The XT 5 speed managed a 6.8 0-100kl/hRegards,Benny
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/04/08 06:20 AM Posted 04/04/08 06:20 AM mate its obviously going to go well, 5.1 0-100 is really impressive if it doesn't have an LSD, the boys at ford must have done something right with the suspension. It will be through the corners that an LSD really shows itself, but can be a great help in a straight line with alot of power.
mbjunior99 Member 4,359 Member For: 23y 9m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/04/08 07:24 AM Posted 04/04/08 07:24 AM Going to be a bit of a boring drive without an LSD but nothing Mal Wood can't fix I suppose
Elias Member 109 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/04/08 09:55 AM Posted 04/04/08 09:55 AM that's quick, with a single spinner too, I wonder if manual with launch control would do better?
TUFGSR Legacy Donating Member 514 Member For: 21y 7m 26d Posted 04/04/08 11:46 AM Posted 04/04/08 11:46 AM Well I found out how good they go tonight. One lined me up and judging by the way it went I'm pretty sure it's got an LSD. As for the 0-100 time I can vouch for that.Real nice car.
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 10d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 04/04/08 10:55 PM Posted 04/04/08 10:55 PM if it ran them times, it had a LSD. David
senna_T Forged Member Legacy Donating Member 15,818 Member For: 19y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: SW Sydney Posted 04/04/08 11:11 PM Posted 04/04/08 11:11 PM I gotta say, I wouldn't think that ford could justify not having an LSD in the vehicle
Flukey Seriously Flukey Member Legacy Donating Member 4,354 Member For: 22y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/04/08 11:44 PM Posted 04/04/08 11:44 PM You would hope so Pat. The appeal would drop considerably for enthusiasts like us if it doesnt
aiboart Member 665 Member For: 21y 8m 21d Posted 04/04/08 11:52 PM Posted 04/04/08 11:52 PM mate its obviously going to go well, 5.1 0-100 is really impressive if it doesn't have an LSD, the boys at ford must have done something right with the suspension. It will be through the corners that an LSD really shows itself, but can be a great help in a straight line with alot of power.If no LSD, then it is likely that some aspects of the LSD function is being handled by elaborations of the stability control system.Regards,aa
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 25d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/04/08 12:09 AM Posted 05/04/08 12:09 AM So not a traditional mechanical LSD, more a new electronic LSD?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now