How Do You Wash Your Car?

XRSCAR

• CNUTOX
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 21d

You certainly have some strong views don't you? Wankers need to earn a living too. And the ease of having the car washed and dried while I have a latte and my son plays in the playground is priceless.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• You are a dead set goose
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 27d

I changed it from wa*ker, it was a general term, and they're usually in a rush to wash them and often don't do a good job. I get it washed every now and then when I'm busy, but my 3 year old girl loves following me around while I wash my car in the bays. It costs $4.

• Member For: 16y 6m 28d

Definitely something I should do.

Having said that, I get my car washed at a local hand wash place - $10 for a hand wash, dry and tyre shine.

Probably not using the best products, but it's still got to be better than car lovers!

• Member For: 17y 2d
So do you guys wash your car's at home with a bucket? or take it to the car wash with a bucket aswell and avoid using the "non-scratch" brush?

First up, every day I dust the car with a California duster to remove the dust. It works a treat!

My house came with a water tank plumbed into the toilets, so I've turned the pump off and bought a Karcher washer which can pull from any source (even with no pressure). I wash my car (BFII XR6T) every two weeks at the most. I fill a bucket from the tank first, then use the pressure washer hooked into the tank.

I have some spidering on the paintwork - it's almost impossible to avoid these. I rinse the car with the pressure washer from a distance, then use a soft mitt and the bucket with a non-detergent cleaner such as Meguiars Next-Gen. I then rinse the car again with the pressure washer before drying gently with two large microfibre drying towels. I then use a compressed air gun to blow water out of all the places it likes to hide (brake lights, mirrors, front and rear bumper joins, etc).

Every six months I will perform the full paint maintenance, where I wash it as usual and then apply a single coat of Klasse All-In-One and then two to three coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze. If I'm feeling really pedantic I'll top that off with a coat of high-carnauba wax.

Using this method my car will still bead water right up to the 6-monthly maintenance time. I probably have about a grand worth of cleaning kit from various manufacturers, all of which I purchased from waxit.com.au.

Edited by kaldek

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 11d

What about that Bug Remover stuff at car washes? I noticed it does a very good job and it beats scrubbing the paint off with the brush but is it maybe too strong to use every time?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 4d
Has anyone tried the waterless wash?

I was given some for Christmas, but have not been game to try it. I am worried it will scratch.

I have used some but unless you are gonna use alot I wouldn't be attacking a dusty car with it!

used it to get some burger off my spoiler of all things!

for the record I use a hose and bucket :buttrock: only once a fortnight but.

• Member For: 16y 7m 17d

We've got 3 water tanks at our house with a huge pump. Pressure out of it is better than mains.

I guess I'm lucky in a way that I've never ad to use a car wash. If anyone is around the Lysterfield way and needs to wash there car just drop by. The rain we just had will fill the tanks up so I'll be right for another 6 months.