How Do You Wash Your Car?

XRSCAR

• Member For: 16y 5m 17d

Just wondering since the car wash's scratch our cars, we're not allowed to bucket wash at home or at the car wash and getting it detailed every week or so can get really expensive.

So do you guys wash your car's at home with a bucket? or take it to the car wash with a bucket aswell and avoid using the "non-scratch" brush?

I've actually only washed my car twice since I got it and noticed all these small scratches in the clearcoat when the car's in the sun obviously from using that damn brush so I've been putting off washing it, but its getting to a point now where I honestly need to, getting to dirty :(

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Every Mod's Favourite Member
  • Member For: 16y 4m 22d

I take it to a hand carwash. $15-$20 once per month isn't too bad. With a silver car, you can get away with a dirty car a bit longer though :P

• They see me rolllin n hatin...
  • Member For: 18y 2m 6d

Hey, I use micro fabric washing mit and cloths for drying off. Before I had a water tank. I used to take my ute to the car wash late at night when no1 is around and dont have to wait in line. Bring the bucket with me and wash it there with the bucket and mit. dry it off while I m there, then when I get home I still go over the ute and dry the wet bits, do the windows tyres etc. Now I all do it at home as I got the water tank and water pump at home.

Russ

• Member For: 17y 3m 22d

When water restrictions got very bad here and the car wash had to use recycled water, I went from car wash to car wash. Trying to find “Clean” water. A lot of them had shocking water with “Bits” of crap in it. Now most of the car wash places here have gone back to mains water.

I always take a bucket and hand wash the cars, with my own sponges ect. I have another bucket in the boot, so after I wash, I use the chamois and a long list of other products, that are now just part of my routine. It is one of the so called chores I love! I spend on average 2 hrs per car, once a week, as they are never really dirty, just dusty. Last week, I was forced to leave the car wash, without using tyre shine!!! Argh.. I almost started to hyperventilate!

Edited by Trish

• Sexy Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 17d

I didnt think most car wash places allowed you to sponge and bucket wash your cars? At least the ones around the south east suburbs dont let you? Now I just use rain tank water, bought a high pressure pump, connected it all up and good to go! Have to give it a good chamois after though as the water can leave dirty spots on your duco.

At least I dont have a line of cars behind me while I wash either!

• Member For: 16y 5m 17d

Cheers for the advice guys might have to get around to it on my holidays :D

edit.

I dont think they do allow you to but most people just bucket wash anyway :o

:P

Edited by scar96

• Member For: 21y 8m 26d

I try and go to the car wash outside peak times and use a bucket and mitt. Only use their water for rinsing. Signs say no bucket washing but I've never had a problem. If they say anything, I'll just go elsewhere before using their rotten broom to wash my cars.