useless Member 259 Member For: 22y 3m 27d Gender: Male Posted 16/03/08 02:13 AM Posted 16/03/08 02:13 AM How do the xr6t's and typhoons drive around town and off boost? Is the low down drivabilty as good as normally aspirated car when off boost ?All good comments appreciated.Stav
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/03/08 02:20 AM Posted 16/03/08 02:20 AM No problem with turbo lag.I would think it offers similar off boost as an XT I rented. Because of the motor being a 4lt 6, it is nothing like a 4cyl turbo that suffers lag.
phatal Member 205 Member For: 18y 8m 13d Gender: Male Location: Poxby Downs, SA Posted 16/03/08 02:24 AM Posted 16/03/08 02:24 AM I haven't had my F6 for very long but this is how I think of it.Basically if you think that these cars run the normal ford 6 just with a turbo on the side (phoons probably have a bit of work done to them but not sure) then off boost they are going to be producing roughly 200kw at the motor anyway. This is more then say a stock EL XR8 so to me I find them really quite good off boost. If you think of it in terms of when you are on boost you have all this power then off boost you are obviously going to think that you don't have as much go as you would like. Personally I love this car it feels faster then my slightly modded EL XR8 was even when off boost and when on boost bloody hell it is fast! It is great because just driving it normally around town you wouldn't know that you have a turboed car they just feel normal.
useless Member 259 Member For: 22y 3m 27d Gender: Male Posted 16/03/08 02:24 AM Author Posted 16/03/08 02:24 AM No problem with turbo lag.I would think it offers similar off boost as an XT I rented. Because of the motor being a 4lt 6, it is nothing like a 4cyl turbo that suffers lag.Zap..I am really grateful for that.Thank you so much.That answer means so much to me....
useless Member 259 Member For: 22y 3m 27d Gender: Male Posted 16/03/08 02:33 AM Author Posted 16/03/08 02:33 AM I haven't had my F6 for very long but this is how I think of it.Basically if you think that these cars run the normal ford 6 just with a turbo on the side (phoons probably have a bit of work done to them but not sure) then off boost they are going to be producing roughly 200kw at the motor anyway. This is more then say a stock EL XR8 so to me I find them really quite good off boost. If you think of it in terms of when you are on boost you have all this power then off boost you are obviously going to think that you don't have as much go as you would like. Personally I love this car it feels faster then my slightly modded EL XR8 was even when off boost and when on boost bloody hell it is fast! It is great because just driving it normally around town you wouldn't know that you have a turboed car they just feel normal.But at light throttle does it drive well without boost?
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 16/03/08 02:41 AM Posted 16/03/08 02:41 AM Due to turbo motors having less compression I would say off boost the turbo motor would have less power than a NA, but a drop of 10 to 15kw on a 200kw motor would not be that noticeable.
R-SPEC You are a dead set goose Legacy Donating Member 3,968 Member For: 20y 9m 30d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 16/03/08 02:43 AM Posted 16/03/08 02:43 AM They drive really well off boost. However it's f*cking hard not to! lol
useless Member 259 Member For: 22y 3m 27d Gender: Male Posted 16/03/08 02:44 AM Author Posted 16/03/08 02:44 AM (edited) Due to turbo motors having less compression I would say off boost the turbo motor would have less power than a NA, but a drop of 10 to 15kw on a 200kw motor would not be that noticeable.I was going to say that but didnt want to offend anyone.The standard ba sixes put out around 140 to 150..with 8.5 they would be hard pressed to give more.But in any case my question has been answered and I am again grateful.Stav Edited 16/03/08 02:49 AM by useless
useless Member 259 Member For: 22y 3m 27d Gender: Male Posted 16/03/08 02:45 AM Author Posted 16/03/08 02:45 AM They drive really well off boost. However it's f*cking hard not to! lolNiceeee
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 16/03/08 02:51 AM Posted 16/03/08 02:51 AM I was going to say that but didnt wnat to offend anyone.The standard ba sixes put out around 140 to 150..with 8.5 they would be hard pressed to give more.But in any case my question has been answered and I am again grateful.StavI was talking flywheel KW (should have made it clear) , but yea if you convert it to RW it would be about that.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now