Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 2d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

What XRTPSI posted is correct. These days turbos are built very strong so you dont have as many failures but there are many cases (especially with smaller turbos with smaller shafts) where the shaft has bent due to no BOV.

I dont know how you could stand the noise created not using a BOV.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North Queensland
Posted

This is turning into a personal opinion debate isnt it..lol. The original question was does anyone have any pics of how they blocked off the hose? Have you got any pics YPURV4 of your setup and blanking method?

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted

If you have a pod filter almost straight off the turbo, the sound you get would be similar to a rafter of turkey's in the middle of mating season!! LOL

  • KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
This is turning into a personal opinion debate isnt it..lol. The original question was does anyone have any pics of how they blocked off the hose? Have you got any pics YPURV4 of your setup and blanking method?

um, I have a custom pipe work setup know so pics wont help, but when I hade the standed cross over I used the chair leg method, which is taking off the bov and blocking up the cross over pipe with the chair leg caps.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Broady, Melbourne
Posted
If you have a pod filter almost straight off the turbo, the sound you get would be similar to a rafter of turkey's in the middle of mating season!! LOL

I have something of an in-between setup. I just fitted a Rapid Systems under battery CAI but still have the stock crossover for cold side. I do have the factory BOV but it's atmo vented. The outlet from the CAI to the BOV is blocked so there is some turkey gobble under reasonable throttle but it's not chronic.

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 1m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: North Queensland
Posted

Oh yeah with a pod straight to the turbo and no BOV its like a 5 turkey gangbang under there. Especially at a bar boost :secret:

  • BIGRED
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sth East Melb
Posted
How come you don't use one? I don't mind the sound (aside from VL turkey's) I do reackon they assist looking after the engine and in theory help keeping the turbo spooled has to help your 1/4 time.

autos are different to manuals you dont really come off boost when you are using WOT with an auto so it doesnt make a difference if you are using the BOV or not, that is also why the autos are quicker. You only get the turkey noise when you're on boost and let go of the accelerator but normal driving you dont even hear it. The day I got my T I took the BOV off have had it off for a year now and no signs of any sort of problems with the turbo :huh:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...