13th April 2008 Cruise!

XR06T

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 2d

Well guys I thought it was time for another day cruise, and as luke mentioned in the chit chat thread it would be really great to see some of the longer standing members again. He also said that the Gingin cruise would be a good one to re-run!

So we're going back to May '06!! :spoton:

The sketchy details as they stand are:

Leaving from the citywest carpark at 11 am (meet at 10.30) and head to Lakeside Joondalup. (on Joondalup Dv)

Leave Lakeside Joondalup and head west along Joondalup Dv (becomes Neaves Rd) until the end.

Left onto Muchea South Rd (Railway Pde?), and Left onto the Brand Highway at the end.

Muchea.gif

Take Cockram Rd Right off the Brand Hwy head into Gingin for lunch!

For the trip home we could head east out to the Great Northern Highway and back to civilisation. If anyone knows any nice driving roads from upper swan into the hills, post em up and im sure we can take them on the way back.

A stop in at sizzler for dinner was good last time so that's something else we can do if everyone is keen.

Also if you cant make this day, post up if you can make it a weekend either side and we may be able to move it.

Whaddya think!

List of people coming or interested:

XR06T

Silhoutte6t

IEATV8S

Paradoxx

Turboknapp

Mat

Newl

Toads

Youngy + others

xr6t_ego

Lil_bodes

03XR6T

XF_falcon

Adrian_6t

hiddeous

Dorko

xr6tacid

Ninka

LeighD - hopefully

Zman - hopefully

markxr6t

daggo

superpursuit83

xrstiffed

By the way, all credit for this cruise must go to steve, its his map, I just regurgitated it!

CRUISE RULES

After the chat in the other thread it has been suggested that the fordxr6turbo.com cruise rules be posted. They are very simple and are there to protect members and public road users. At this point I would like to say I had absolutely no problem with the last night cruise we had, everyone was sensible and there was no danger to the public or the members. The idea of cruises is to have fun, but safely, so here they are.

In order for every body to have a good time, a few rules have been implemented. Failure to abide by these rules will ensure you are not invited to future events held by FordXR6Turbo.com.

The reasons for these rules are:

- Safety - We don't want to put any of our members, and the general public in any danger.

- Public Perception - We do not want the Ford XR6 Turbo community to face the same ridicule and stereotypes other car communities face

The rules are simple:

- Obey all laws whilst on the cruise; this means no swinging nuts at meet points, no running red lights, no overtaking over double lines (no matter how safe you think it may be), etc...Any breaches will be reported to the local police. Common sence stuff really.

-There is a designated cruise leader who will lead the way and set the correct pace for all cruise members. There is also a cruise anchor that will stay at the back of the cruise. If you have to stop or drop back for what ever reason, the anchor will stay back with you.

- Use the Buddy system; always make sure you can see the car behind you. This will give people behind you an indication on where to turn to make sure nobody gets lost.

- CB Radio's; if you don't have one, follow the maps, and directions given out. If you do have one, please limit chatter during the twisty parts of the cruise. This will allow the cruise leader to relay information about road conditions, upcoming obstacles, etc. efficiently.

- By attending this cruise you agree not to hold FordXR6Turbo.com, it's Administrators, Moderators, Cruise Organisers, or Owners responsible/liable for any damage and/or grief sustained (simply; if you stuff up it’s your fault, not ours).

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask me on the day.

Edited by XR06T

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 28d

Quiet day at the office aye Kieran? :P

Sounds like a fantastic idea, I'm 100% in support of this, The Sizzler idea just tops it off nicely as I just had Sizzler on Monday night for the first time in about 8 years.. and I'm hooked again!!

Count me in :spoton:

• Hench, but no longer shredded or tanned.
  • Member For: 17y 28d

Why must you break my heart? :verysad:

So does this mean you'll finally come to liqqos with me and Bordz for once? :bangcomputer: