Wa Fishing/watersport Thread!

bonza

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10d
count me in... ive been trying to plan a proper fishing trip for ages now. always wanted to fish the monte bellos or rowley shoals but it works out to almost $1000 a day, fark that. looks like the next best alturnitive is the mackerel islands off onslow. works out to about $1500 for a week accom. with dhingy supplied. just have to get yourself to onslow.

Seriously I wouldnt waste my time again at the mac's. The montebells are MUCH MUCH better. I spent 10 days at the monte's (not that expensive really) and wouldnt hesitate to do it again. We had pretty much unfishable wind EVERY morning but the arvo's were magic! Cant say the same about the mac's. They have been hammered over the years. Its certainly much cheaper than chasing Marlin in Cairns lol

Rowleys is my Australian #1 destination if anyone wants to organise a trip. im 110% in. Im getting the feeling im not well liked as I tried to organise a trip to Xmas island or PNG this year but no one want to go LOL Hence why im taking my mrs to the nurburgring. Shes got no say in the matter LOL

When I was in Cairns, we were talking about big game spots, Exmouth is unreal due to location of the shelf and the warm water but Abrolis are tipped to become a mecca

Good to see someone getting into the local macs :) Hooking and loosing them is still better than no hooking them hehe! We went out wide early january but temps were still a bit low.

Edited by Mat

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 16y 2m 29d

Exmouth has great fishing but you can get hammered by the swells and wind once your outside the protection of Ningaloo reef.

Broome is very good if you like macks, sails, big groper, sharks and my favourite.... barra!

Perth is dead...my old man might be heading out this weekend for the Blue Marlin Classic (Freo Sailing Club comp), but there's f*ckall fish out at the trench/FADs... as usual.

I'd get out to fish more but everytime the boats goin out there seems to be swell around to surf or its flat enough to wakeboard :)

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 15d

You mentioned fishing, wakeboarding and surfing all in one post.

I think I just found a friend lol.

I'm heading up north in early May for 2 - 4 weeks. Will hang between Kalbarri and Exmouth and move around in search of swell (1st priority) and fish (2nd). Can't wait to get away from work!

• Drift Queen
  • Member For: 16y 4m 6d

cant just be a fishing thread lol, as the boys said, surfing, fishing, wakeboarding and ill add another one of my hobbies, kite surfing

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 15d
Oh will you too get a room?? :innocent: might be time for a WA Fishing thread??

Hahaa sicko!! Yeah I suppose that's what the Chitchat thread is for.....well sort of!!.......how do we move all these posts!!!!! We should get a mod to give hiddeous access to edit these threads as Stevo and Allan have been in hiding and I'm too much of a joker (and a**hole) to have even mild mod powers!