Wa Fishing/watersport Thread!

bonza

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 4d

did some fishing this arvo down freo and spotted a nicely worked white turbo in the red herring carpark. also got busted off by some monster flathead in around the leeuwin yatch club boat pens. the thing decided to take a B line for the pylons and there was no stopping it. *snap* and gone, spewin'.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members

You lost a Spaniard! That sucks, I feel you're pain mate. They reckon the last few months we've had warmer than usual currents sweeping down the WA coast which has bought the Spanish Mackerel further south and into metropolitan waters. Wish I had a boat :(

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d

Yeah they come down every yr, but this yr has been slightly better due to the reasons you mentioned. It's surprising where you can catch them too!! Not too far off the Scarborough / Hale rd stretch is not too bad just quietly :-)

• Member For: 18y 6m 26d

yeah brendan aka ih8toads doesnt know how to fish I told him what to do but he stil left slack in the line after I was traulling the boat at perfecto speeds to get him hooked up. he must be on drugs... lol only kiddin god damn fishin guru that puts me to shame!

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 3m 13d

I'm sorry, did someone mention a fishing trip?

I'm willing to bring beer............

• Donating Members

count me in... ive been trying to plan a proper fishing trip for ages now. always wanted to fish the monte bellos or rowley shoals but it works out to almost $1000 a day, fark that. looks like the next best alturnitive is the mackerel islands off onslow. works out to about $1500 for a week accom. with dhingy supplied. just have to get yourself to onslow.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 21d
yeah brendan aka ih8toads doesnt know how to fish I told him what to do but he stil left slack in the line after I was traulling the boat at perfecto speeds to get him hooked up. he must be on drugs... lol only kiddin god damn fishin guru that puts me to shame!

They don't all get away! Not bad for 5.5 kg line :-)