Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: S.E. Melbourne
Posted

I'm finishing off my oil cooler this weekend, its similar to hiddeous set up above, but mine has a thermo fan and from the looks of it the cooler is bigger, But it was a really tight squeeze...

I'll get some pics this weekend.

  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

hanra, I stumbled across you posts on the search, but the pics werent working... thanks for fixing them up... You dont happen to be in melbourne do you? Could use your help in fitting one of these...

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 9m 17d
Posted

I put two pwr 280mmX200mm in the front between the wog cooler and the condenser also using the factory radiator one I find it works well im not makin 400kws at the wheels or anything but still going strong.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Condenser?? Radiator maybe? How hard/easy is it to fit between the wog cooler and condeser

  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted (edited)
You dont happen to be in melbourne do you? Could use your help in fitting one of these...

nah mate Im in Cairns.

have a look here: http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...l=monza+install

And you will see the issues I had with clearing the transcooler and the intercooler. I ended up having to redrill the lower radiator support bar and moving it towards the motor about 1cm.

If you mount the trans cooler up higher then how I mounted mine. You probably wont have to shift the radiator. Its a pretty easy install mate. The PWR kit comes with everything you need. I think I got two fittings off the trans shop for the trans lines to go to rubber hose.

Edited by hanra
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the advice hanra... I think I'll print everything if I am to attemp it myself hehe too much info...

I popped into Repco, as they were closing and I was talking to the guy and they only had the medium pwr tranny cooler in stock but could get the large one by lunch tomorrow... I checked on the pwr website and it says they have 4 sizes... Im assuming small, medium, large and ........ I think I read somewhere that there is a heavy duty one which is bigger again... can anyone confirm??

Ohh yeah it was $125...

Cheers Mike

Edited by MiKa
  • Into the laaaake
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Nrth Qld
Posted (edited)

I think mine cost $110 for the V8 version. I wish I got the heavy duty one instead. Theres plenty of room for it. I got mine from a local trans shop.

This is the PWR Trans cooler I got.

P70700431536x1152.jpg

Edited by hanra
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 1m 13d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne, VIC
Posted

Its wierd I think he said 120 for medium and 125 for the large? Mind you I was yelling at him through my passenger side window as they were closing up...I'll confirm tomorrow, and I'll ask about this heavy duty one aswell... I think the 'large' one he quoted me for is the v8 one...

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 6m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: S.E. Melbourne
Posted

Yes the extra heavy duty one is the biggest.

small is recomended for 4cyl

medium is recomended for 6cyl

Large is recomended for 8cyl

heavy duty is recomended for high performance stuff

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 3m 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Be carefull you arent overcooling your trans, especially if you purchase one without a thermostat to allow the trans to get up to temp quicky.

If you have seen the size of the standard intank unit, basically any reasonable quality cooler fitted with some airflow, and bypassing the radiator in tank item will be doing your trans a favour.

I have a single B+M 70264, mounted behind the drivers side foglight (infront of the front wheel. if you are going to mount yours here, cut some louvers in the inner splash guard, with some fine flywire type mesh to prevent leaves / debris getting in the slots.

Then cut a couple of large holes in the wind tray directly below the cooler, and make a type of duct / fin which will pull air up into this area and then through the cooler and out the louvers in the splash guard.

The B+M has worked really well, even on track days. Recently had the box opened to installed Kevlar band, high friction clutchpack and Cryo Planetaries, and the inside of the box was immaculate, oil was like new, no burning etc.

Gav

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...