LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 12/01/08 08:16 AM Posted 12/01/08 08:16 AM (edited) Hey guys, as the title say, I have a problem with my Airbag light, ever since I change my cloth seats with XR leather ones the airbag light comes on. This happened as soon as I changed the seats and started the car to drive off. This was a straght swap over.Any idea as to why this is happening?CheersPete Edited 15/01/08 10:06 AM by tab
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 5d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 12/01/08 08:25 AM Posted 12/01/08 08:25 AM The ABS light comes on for any restraint system fault. Are you sure you plugged the seat belt switch wiring in properky? I had the same problem when the stereo guys did the system in my ute and they didnt plug the switches in. I had to plug them in the disconnect the battery and all was fine after that.cheersLuke
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 12/01/08 10:37 AM Posted 12/01/08 10:37 AM possibly non airbag seats or vice versa.
the_dragz Member 33 Member For: 19y 8m 1d Gender: Male Location: S.E Melbourne Posted 12/01/08 10:42 AM Posted 12/01/08 10:42 AM hey mate,I've got my light on again, I had it come on before my 90k major service...and guys at fords charged me around 100$ to "check" it apparently...but now it's back on again just before 105k service hmmmmm it's a fault with the wiring and apparently its dangerous and may cause airbags to come on unexpectedly whilst driving, or they might not come out at all in case of an accident. So, I guess best bet is to take it to ford and get it checked out.....I know I'll have to again..dragz
LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 13/01/08 12:29 AM Author Posted 13/01/08 12:29 AM possibly non airbag seats or vice versa.huuuh, please explain dude...
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 2d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 13/01/08 01:46 AM Posted 13/01/08 01:46 AM The connector can move about causing this fault.Make sure all of the connectors on the seats are fully pushed in.I think BFHOON means that some seats have the curtain airbag in them and others don't. You may of had them and the new seats don't, or visa versa.
LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 13/01/08 01:52 AM Author Posted 13/01/08 01:52 AM ok thatnks guys ill give it a go and see what happends
BFHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,932 Member For: 20y 6m 4d Gender: Male Location: nsw Posted 14/01/08 07:08 AM Posted 14/01/08 07:08 AM that's what I ment.if u had airbag seats before and dont now.
LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 14/01/08 12:23 PM Author Posted 14/01/08 12:23 PM I didnt have air bag seats maybe they are now. I was told if there is a wire under seat and if it is covered in yellow that it is air bag seat is this true? I had a look and it does have one..
LUMO Legacy Donating Member 476 Member For: 19y 7m 14d Gender: Male Location: SYDNEY Posted 15/01/08 09:34 AM Author Posted 15/01/08 09:34 AM Guys im so sorry I stuffed up the title, I didnt relised till now. Its the AIR BAG LIGHT that comes on, not the ABS. Can a MOD edit the title to AIR BAG LIGHT and delete the ABS light please..Sorry again guys
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now