Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 30d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
ZF won’t admit to the shaft problem or a new heat treated one they NOW sell. Simply buy a new input shaft (1068 271 097) and compare. $360.00

I doubt Kewish are doing anything to the shafts apart from buying the latest heat treated one.

The “E” clutch pack (4th, 5th, and 6th gears) is the weakest link and you can increase the number of Frictions Discs and plates from 6 to eight which is cheap as chips. I actually increase the Friction discs in mine in “A’ ‘B’ & ‘E” packs>>>>> 6, 6 & 8 respectively. From 5, 5 and 6.

So what abuse have you thrown at your new box with the latest heat treated shaft. Anymore than the box with the stock shaft

  • F6+300+
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 22d
  • Location: In The Ute
Posted
So what abuse have you thrown at your new box with the latest heat treated shaft. Anymore than the box with the stock shaft

More of the same and I run an extra 30rwks now so it looks to be better, touch wood! The other new shafts I've put in mates boxs are fine and not one broken so its "better" how much I wont know untill we break or twist another one.

As for when the later shafts were in vehicle production I have no idea.

  • F6+300+
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 22d
  • Location: In The Ute
Posted

Here is a picture of Youngy’s input shaft and you can see the twist in it. Look at the Bar-Code… About the same as mine before it snapped!!!

YoungysShaft_a.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...