Ps3 Broken

YPURV4

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 17y 11m 20d

As the title states my PS3 has decided to sh*t its self, I was playing call of duty 4 the screen froze.. I waited... nothing, so I re booted it. And now it wont read any game or blue ray dvd?

All the demos work it power sup every thing just when you put the disc in.nothing games and dvds dont show up in the main menu.

I googled the problem and its happend to a few people ita a dodgy laser, so it said.

But the worst part is I bought it second hand, so I have no warranty and SONY want me to pay them 350 bucks for them to look at it.

When I bought it it had all the receipts every thing and its been working fine for the past month, and the guy only bought it brand new on the 31/10/2007 so its not even 2 months old.

I tell ya im fcking pissed OFF.

So does any one know, any one that could repair it apart from sony?

Edited by Dagabond

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Skrema
  • Guests
When I bought it it had all the receipts every thing and its been working fine for the past month, and the guy only bought it brand new on the 31/10/2007 so its not even 2 months old.

I tell ya im fcking pissed OFF.

So does any one know, any one that could repair it apart from sony?

Where was it originally bought from? Do you have the original receipts?

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d
Yeah man, but its from harvy norman noosa :spoton:

I'd try hounding sony to fix it, it's still under warranty if it f*cks up it they have to fix it.

Guest Skrema
  • Guests
Yeah man, but its from harvy norman noosa :spoton:

If you have proof of purchase you can swap it at any Harvey Norman. This rule applies to most if not all electrical retail stores. If not, send it back to Noosa ask for a refund as these things have a 12 month warranty and come buy one off me :) jk

They are a repair warranty so they will not just replace it if the purchase has been greater than 10 days prior but you will not have to pay anything. Even if you didn’t have the receipt it should still be repaired under warranty, as the product isn’t even a year old.

Edited by Skrema

I'd try hounding sony to fix it, it's still under warranty if it f*cks up it they have to fix it.

I already have but sony have a clause stating that the warranty is only valid to the first owner.

And even the warranty receipt has the othere guys details on it so I cant use it.

If you have proof of purchase you can swap it at any Harvey Norman. This rule applies to most if not all electrical retail stores. If not, send it back to Noosa ask for a refund as these things have a 12 month warranty and come buy one off me :) jk

They are a repair warranty so they will not just replace it if the purchase has been greater than 10 days prior but you will not have to pay anything. Even if you didn’t have the receipt it should still be repaired under warranty, as the product isn’t even a year old.

Ill give it a go, ill just tell them I was on holiday in noosa and I bought one up there but now im back at home it has fcked up.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 29d
I already have but sony have a clause stating that the warranty is only valid to the first owner.

And even the warranty receipt has the othere guys details on it so I cant use it.

C*NTS, there are people that fix em but I'm not recomending em cause I'm yet to find one that has done a good job they usually f*ck up 2 months later anyway.

Edited by XRTPSI