Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Waverley
Posted

On my way to get another mod done this arvo and rolled the T out the driveway and heard a weird noise like I'd just run over a steel grate over a drain. Nope, backed up, it did the same thing, took it around the corner and couldn't see anything under the car. Drove out onto the street then a few clunks later I decided to pop around the corner into a nice quiet street just in case. Something else fell off the front end somewhere banging under the car as I was pulling up from about 40kmh. Couldn't find what fell off, got me stumped where it is, but the front passenger side wheel is rattling around like it's not bolted on, but it is. Waited 3 hours for a tow,,,,WTF,,,,couldn't believe it. Anyway, she's at New Oak Ford now, they'll be checking it out tomorrow. Don't know whether it's got a collapsed ball joint, or bolts fallen out of the control arm or something?? No eyed deer.

Will update tomorrow....

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

bugger bet ypur glad that it diddnt happen at a higher speed

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

hell yeah, imagine that at 80kph, let us know how you go R1

  • CNUTOX
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Not sure?
Posted

second collaps I have seen in 7 days!

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Waverley
Posted

ROFL, you know that's the first thing I looked at in the mirror!!!!LOL.

Thought someone was havin a go and stuck and aerial under my wheel. :hitit:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Mt Waverley
Posted

Just got word from Ford.

The shims from the wheel alignment fell out! Not a warranty item cos it's aftermarket. Maybe they didn't do them up when I put the new wheels on?? Hard to say considering I've done some twisty's runs in the meantime.

No damage at all cos I didn't drive it so that was good. Will cost me $100 or so and pick it up tonight.

It was good riding in to work this morning though, may do that more often..

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

well there you go! I guess you won't be getting a wheel alignment from that place again huh?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

whats a shim from a wheel alignment? is that the weights they put on the rims?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Wollongong
Posted
whats a shim from a wheel alignment? is that the weights they put on the rims?

:huh: What hell are the shims for a wheel alignment? I didn't think that they used shims unless it's what XR06T thinks, the wheel weights

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...