Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted

Just wondering about two aluminium sumps I have at home FOR A XR6 TURBO.

One has no baffle in it and the other has a oil baffle at the bottom of the sump.

Oil seals are different on both, one with no baffle has single rubber seal over the main bearings

and the other with baffles has a continous seal around the sump

I know the one with the baffle is better but why have I got one without a baffle is it from a earlier or later model.

The one with a baffle is a ba 03 model ANY IDEAS WHAT THE OTHER SUMP IS OFF?

CHEERS

  • Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel.
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: The 8th Dimension
Posted

Is it confirmed that they are both from Turbos, non baffled may be from an XT or something like that.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I think they changed around the time the BF came along. I know my original 03 sump had the gasket all the way around and my 06 sump did not.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: sydney
Posted
I think they changed around the time the BF came along. I know my original 03 sump had the gasket all the way around and my 06 sump did not.

XRDREAMING

Can you remember if the 06 BF had a baffle in the bottom?

Thin plate about 40mm off bottom of sump.

cheers

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 25d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted

Mines an 01/04 model and does not have a baffle in the sump.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...