KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 08/08/03 01:47 AM Posted 08/08/03 01:47 AM Ok, so far we have:KEN 24T - Mt AnnanPhantonxr6 - RazorbackDis_Orderly - Narellanrjs - Currans Hill... any others from the MacArthur area want to wait in a group for the Liverpool boys?
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 09/08/03 03:20 AM Author Posted 09/08/03 03:20 AM Hi all,Just got back from a recce of next weekend's drive. The roads are all in pretty good nick, only hazard today being tree branches blown down by the wind.There is a good mix of roads planned, from toit mountain passes to flowing 100Km/h country roads.I was actually suprised at how few cars I saw today, although the icy wind may have kept everyone inside.Total distance from our meeting point in Wollongong (at the bottom of Mt Ousley) to our last planned stop on the Hume Highway back into Sydney (Mobil service centre Pheasants Nest) is about 193Km, measured on my bike's speedo. I think its reasonably accurate, and I will base my handout on these distances.First stop will be the Robertson Pie shop at the top of Macquarie Pass. If we leave Wollongong at 9:20am, we should be there by 10.Lunch is in Kangaroo Valley. This morning it only took me 1Hr 20min to go from the Pie Shop to Kangaroo valley, but I can safely assume we will be a little slower than that (Crazy motorbikes!)Probably be in KV by 12:30.I am not booking us in for lunch anywhere, because I think its best left up to the individual. You can just get whatever takes your fancy on the day. Choices include the bistro at the pub, a couple of cafe's, or simply buy something from the bakery and stand around talking cars. Its up to you.After an hour or so for lunch, we will see if we can get a photo of the cars driving across Hampdon Bridge (a beautiful stone, one lane bridge), then head on up the mountain to Bowral and Mittagong. I havent planned any stops here, as it is probably difficult to find somewhere for us all to park on a Sunday. We do drive right past Allan Reekie Ford in Bowral though, so if anyone wants to stop and look at some FPVs then speak up.After going through Mittagong we join the Hume Highway to head back towards Sydney. I thought we could pull in to the Mobil Pheasants Nest to have a break and a chat before everyone heads their own way.You should all have a great time, these are some great driver's roads, and providing the traffic isnt to heavy you can have a bit of fun in many places.See you all next Sunday.
Trumpy What's happening? Legacy Donating Member 1,605 Member For: 23y 10m 6d Gender: Male Location: Steel City, NSW Posted 09/08/03 04:04 AM Author Posted 09/08/03 04:04 AM Also for any late starters to this thread, check first post for full details.ClickDont know if anyone has, or has access to, UHF CBs, but if you can borrow one from someone you know it would help us all stay in contact during the day. Also adds a lot of fun as everyone can be in constant communication during the drive. I have a UHF CB installed in mine permanantly, but even a 40 channel handheld would do the job.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 29d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 09/08/03 10:52 PM Posted 09/08/03 10:52 PM Ken, sorry mate but I don't get much time away from work so really like to get one V8 race day in for the year.I will be going past Mt Annan though, probably around 9am?, so might see you guys somewhere down the road - I'm always on Channel 40 UHF.If you see me coming towards you the T3 has a nudge bar with a couple driving lights on top so it is easily visible.Jeff.
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 10/08/03 12:09 AM Posted 10/08/03 12:09 AM Ken, sorry mate but I don't get much time away from work so really like to get one V8 race day in for the year.I will be going past Mt Annan though, probably around 9am?, so might see you guys somewhere down the road - I'm always on Channel 40 UHF.If you see me coming towards you the T3 has a nudge bar with a couple driving lights on top so it is easily visible.Jeff.No worries Jeff, enjoy the races ... we expect a full report when it's over. We'll keep an eye out for you, I don't have CB though ...Cheers, Ken.
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 13d Location: Sydney Posted 10/08/03 09:36 PM Posted 10/08/03 09:36 PM Hey Ken, I am from C'Town. More Currans Hill to be exact.
Guest Phantom_xr6turbo Guests Posted 10/08/03 11:57 PM Posted 10/08/03 11:57 PM im in and is any one going from central coast and does any want to drive down togeather can become a boring long drive some times
P.S.I Member 229 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Location: sydney Posted 11/08/03 04:04 AM Posted 11/08/03 04:04 AM Phantom_xr6 turbo,Cant help you with the trip to Sydney but I am near Parramatta so I could meet you somewhere on the Cumberland Hwy and we could cruise to Liverpool and meet the other guys...? `Other guys` where abouts near Liverpool will you be meeting??CheersPSI
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 11/08/03 04:50 AM Posted 11/08/03 04:50 AM MacArthur guys ...Just went for a short run down the freeway to check out a possible muster point. Not really anything suitable close to the Narellan Rd offramp.So, I) do we want to go down the freeway ii) do we want to go via Appin Rd.,We can pick a spot somewhere in Campbelltown area, e.g., Shell at Mt Annan, Woolies carpark Mt Annan ... I'm open to suggestions.If we go down the freeway, it will be quicker to get to the meeting point at the bottom of Mt Osley. If we go Appin Rd., it will take longer, but probably more fun?Liverpool guys ...Which way are you going, and what time do you think you'll be in our area?Let me know what you want to do?
faygun Member 389 Member For: 23y 2m 28d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/08/03 06:17 AM Posted 11/08/03 06:17 AM hey guys, I am a newbie in this forum but if its ok I would like to come to the cruise as well. Im from liverpool.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now