Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melb
Posted

hey all, im thinkin of getting 19s put on my T

my question is whether or not there will be enough clearance for the rear as I want the staggerd fit 9.5/275 on the rear.

will I need to roll the lip ? my tyre man couldnt tell me.. actually all he said was to get htat checked out as he didnt really know :|

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

lol, maybe you should get a new tyre guy! you will probly need the lip rolled at least, wouldn't be surprised if its a sedan that you need to roll the gaurd, someone should know though!

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melb
Posted
lol, maybe you should get a new tyre guy! you will probly need the lip rolled at least, wouldn't be surprised if its a sedan that you need to roll the gaurd, someone should know though!

lol... yeah maybe I should get a new tyre man lol.. hmm I just thought id ask as maybe someone on here must have the settup im thinking of getting !

yeah he did mentioend that I may have to roll the guard. n yeah it is a sedan.

argh maybe ill just stick to my stockies for now lol.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

hey dude, just talk to a few different tyre shops, even go to one and ask if you can fit a 9.5" wheel up to see if it clears, if it does you'll be spending good money with the place, so they should be happy to do it for you

  • Member
  • Member For: 18y 11m 6d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: melb
Posted
hey dude, just talk to a few different tyre shops, even go to one and ask if you can fit a 9.5" wheel up to see if it clears, if it does you'll be spending good money with the place, so they should be happy to do it for you

thx for the advice senna. :) yeah ill have to go in n ask them bout that. now I dont s'pose ud know a place in melb that does guard/lip rolling, should I require that to be done? I was told just any panel beaters joint would do that but if someone has used a particular place in melb n can recomend, that would be better.

ahh I cant wait till my T's more moded lol.. I get jealous lookin at another persons T esp when theyv got a nice big shinny intercooler compared to my lil pissy stockie lol :tonguepoke:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane, Wello Pt.
Posted

Mate I just got new wheels couple weeks ago, 19 x 9.5" on the back with 275. Don't scrub at all, my car has super low springs in back too. Even had a car full of people on the weekend and it was all good.

  • Forged Member
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: SW Sydney
Posted

there you go - pretty convincing, you should be ok

  • Formerly XR6NA
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 2d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

that's good to hear because I plan to run 275's on the back as well.

  • I miss her...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I run 275 on the rears as well, and I had to get the right hand side rolled. It was just touching.

I guess it depends on offset?

You should try Motorsport Wheels and Tyres on the South Gippy Hwy in Dandenong. Cheap wheels and once we worked out it was rubbing, sent me direct to their bloke who did the guard 15 minutes later for 20 bucks. Good guys....

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted

I used to have 275/30/19s on the rears with King Springs Ultra low and no touchin at all and no rollin gaurds.

just need to choip some bump stops.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...