jacob_xr6turbo Legacy Donating Member 433 Member For: 19y 18d Location: Richmond, Melbourne Posted 10/02/11 04:13 AM Posted 10/02/11 04:13 AM so, is there anywhere doing good prices on CV's these days? Ones that won't snap after 30kms?
FPVF6355 Member 128 Member For: 15y 8m 10d Posted 17/02/11 05:14 AM Posted 17/02/11 05:14 AM http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FPV-BA-BF-S1-XR6-TURBO-AND-XR8-CV-JOINTS-DRIVE-SHAFTS-/290474596333?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43a1a297edI put these in a week ago, and have caned the bjesus out of them, still solid and no sign of letting go.They don't look like the broken ones in the photo's the inner CV shell is alot longer than the originals.I went in to pick them up, and low and behold there's a pallet of the things as well as pallets of ford fuel pumps etc etc.So I know these shafts are ending up in some fords repaired by some ford dealers.The only thing I was concerned about is the inner CV seemed pretty loose (about 1mm backlash when I put the shaft in a vise, but I guess that's the correct tolerance, as they work perfect.The outer CV's felt very tight with no backlash.
blackflash Member 15 Member For: 21y 2d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 04/07/11 11:47 AM Posted 04/07/11 11:47 AM ford axles are cheap and nasty, they should have other options available..
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now