Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/10/07 09:12 AM Posted 29/10/07 09:12 AM Well today I started my new job in ernest, this meant driving into the city an dealing with all the BS that goes along with it. Wll at first I could not find the address and could not pull over to ask, so I pulled into a carpark, before I know it I was $8 worse off for 5 minutes.OK no dramas I find were I am meant to be going and find a park more money for parking only 4 hours though, stop what I was doing and move car repay for parking, no problems, have to shoot out on an erand and cannot get back into carpark even though I have time still on ticket. drive aroundf find a spot all good I still have time on ticket. Well 1600 h comes along, and my ticket or not, the carpark I am in becomes a clear way in the 100 m that I am parked, bloody hell a $60 parking ticket (did not take them long).Lessons learnt, no need to get annoyed, I just have to switch on to this way of life, drive home along with every other commuter, put up with a varied assortments of tossers, feel like putting the T through its paces just to get rid off above mentioned tossers. Refrain somehow and continue to plod. Approach traffic lights, 10 m away they go orange, unsafe for me to stop I proceed through, about 3/4 of the way through, lights go red and all of a suddeen I feel as if I am in a massive lighting storm. Did I get done, would really top off a day, or is it as I suspect, they test for cars that enter intersection wioth red lights only, not htose entering on orange.Scotty
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 12d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/10/07 09:22 AM Posted 29/10/07 09:22 AM Red only Scotty. They take two photos, once when the beam is broken and then another to see if you actually continued on through the intersection...I'm guessing the vehicle behind you triggered it.Welcome back to the city mate
sjo Member 9 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 29/10/07 09:35 AM Posted 29/10/07 09:35 AM You will safe if you entered the intersection on amber, most likely a car behind you as already suggested. However, here in Victoria we have some intersections with red light and speed cameras. So it is possible to get 'done' twice. that's when you know you have had a 'bad' day!
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 16d Posted 29/10/07 09:37 AM Posted 29/10/07 09:37 AM You would have been better off staying in the army me thinks. Did I mention I hate city life
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 29/10/07 09:41 AM Author Posted 29/10/07 09:41 AM Bought a motorbike for a reason, to stop this sh*te, first day and in a drought it is pissing down. Go figuer, whats the chances that any of this rain actually did any good.Scotty
Guest Guests Posted 29/10/07 10:39 AM Posted 29/10/07 10:39 AM I got a red light fine in the mail so went in to see the photo but as they are taken from behind you obviously can't identify the driver. desk cop said" you have to tell us who was driving" I replied "I can't cos I don't no" he said I had to . I replied "I can't, it probably was me but I'm not 100% sure cos other people from work use it now and again. this went on for about 5 mins until he gave me a form to fill out saying I didn't know who the driver was which I signed. never heard about it again. its worth a shot, its not like I lied or purjed myself, I honestly couldn't say it was definatly me driving.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 30/10/07 11:12 AM Author Posted 30/10/07 11:12 AM Heres hoping it does not come to that, I can honesely say that running red lights is not in me. I will speed I have no compunction doing so, but running red lights to me is stupid, guess why I got such a fright when all these bloody flashes were going of around me.Scotty
teeg Member 372 Member For: 21y 2m 25d Location: SA Posted 30/10/07 09:51 PM Posted 30/10/07 09:51 PM In SA, our red light camera are also speed cameras, so you could have got stung for speeding
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 01/11/07 11:19 PM Posted 01/11/07 11:19 PM In SA, our red light camera are also speed cameras, so you could have got stung for speedingWe get them here in NSW next year to go with the other 190 speed cameras we also have. You speed up to avoid the red light camera but get doe for speeding instead, which up here is far worse in the points department.
Maximus Member 1,627 Member For: 19y 6m 26d Gender: Male Location: Slip Sliding Away Posted 02/11/07 02:08 AM Posted 02/11/07 02:08 AM In SA, our red light camera are also speed cameras, so you could have got stung for speedingYeah they have them here in Vic.When the light goes Red it is better to slam on your brakes to stop than put your foot down and get done going through the light 5k's over.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now